PS1/2 Cracking sound in SingStar when using ETH or MX4SIO on "phat" PS2

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I play SingStar on my PS2 'phat" (SCPH-50004) using ethernet, there's a distortion/cracking of the sound coming from the microphone every ~5 seconds. The distortion/cracking sounds a bit like a hick-up of a FM-radio. And if the EyeToy camera is turned on, the video sometimes will flash for a fraction of a second. The cracking is only the microphone/voice sound, the music is fine.

If I use a MX4SIO on the same console, the distortion/cracking comes every time the access LED of the MX4SIO flash. So playing with EyeToy on it's one distortion each ~5 seconds, if I turn EyeToy off it will show the music video (streaming from the MX4SIO) and thus every second a distortion/crack in the microphone audio.

But if I use the internal HDD to play SingStar, there's no problem at all. DVD cannot be used because it's defective.

For comparison I tried the same with a PS2 Slim (SCPH-77004). That one plays fine from ethernet, only 4 or 5 barely noticeable cracks in the sound through a whole song. Which are even less when using MX4SIO or DVD.

Why do those problems exist only with ethernet and MX4SIO on the "phat" PS2? I already tried different OPL versions (1.1.0, 1.2.0-DB-2202 and 1.2.0-ifcaro-1917). Can it be something in the different IOP used in the SCPH-50004 and SCPH-77004?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)