Hacking Discussion Cracked SX OS recovery

Indominusda1e

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last post was closed let's have a decent discussion on how to help the people who couldn't wait, fix their paperweights.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And that is all there is to say. If you have a full raw NAND backup, you can restore this and everything is running again. If not, no chance. PRODINFO is console specific and can not be generated in any way.

Ita54_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If i give my Nand dump to one with bricked switch it wont work?
And if hekate patch the right sigcheck?

Last edited by Ita54_2,

ElLelos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If i give my Nand dump to one with bricked switch it Want work?
And if hekate patch the right sigcheck?

Nope. You need a backup from the specific device. Each one is uniqe.
Always remember:: before playing around with stuff like that... do a full backup of your nand.... or learn it the hard way;)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know this will get people saying this doesn’t help etc... but if you hack ANY console, Xbox 360, PSP PS3 3DS, NAND backups are essential. - To anyone with a working console and are running hekate / SXOS; please backup your NAND. It takes 15 minutes and saves a lot of headache.
Doesn't backing up the whole raw nand on switch take like 90 minutes?
Also, the topic of this thread shouldn't specifically refer to a cracked SX os, but the name of the piece of shit itself - PozzNX - since it was as well distributed as other stuff. If you Google for it, you also find it referenced to as a version of ReiNX.

Last edited by wurstpistole,
Reactions: Deleted User

Ita54_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, it won't work.
And the second sentence I don't understand, doesn't matter what hekate patches, the console won't boot.
I mean PRODINFO Check patch on the fly
You need every Time Hekate but ist Boot.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope. You need a backup from the specific device. Each one is uniqe.
Always remember:: before playing around with stuff like that... do a full backup of your nand.... or learn it the hard way;)
I have my NAND BACKUP :)

Last edited by Ita54_2,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be noted that this thing is still out there and it's taken a bunch of forms. There's a build of it claiming to be RNX and still even an SX OS version.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
It should be noted that this thing is still out there and it's taken a bunch of forms. There's a build of it claiming to be RNX and still even an SX OS version.

This is the internet and it will no doubt be out there forever. People just need to do due diligence before they go running random files on their machine.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
65 here, but worth it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you don't know to download from a verified source (like the TX website for SX OS) you probably shouldn't even think about modifying your system.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Remember that this is not the discussion about what has happened or shouldn't happen or whatever went to the closing of the old thread, but a thread to speak about how to fix it, and the how to was posted right in the first reply and a bunch of other times as well... So, yeah. This thread is now resolved and can be closed, if only to prevent the deservers from rushing all over this again.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't backing up the whole raw nand on switch take like 90 minutes?
Also, the topic of this thread shouldn't specifically refer to a cracked SX os, but the name of the piece of shit itself - PozzNX - since it was as well distributed as other stuff. If you Google for it, you also find it referenced to as a version of ReiNX.
ye and I found out that nobody(tm) was sending "beta wip sig patched reiNX" but they were actually beta versions of pozzNX and I tested one o.O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1