Coverting .3DS to CIA save

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dotmore, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Dotmore
    OP

Dotmore GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    A while back i had a Gateway 3DS on which i played pokemon Y. However, when i sold my gateway, i just backed up the game onto my PC. But i want to extract the save from it, and convert it to an CIA save. Is this possible? Or is it somehow possible to open the game with Pkhex, and export the pokemon from there?

2. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Not without a gateway. The Pokemon rom you have has an extra partition to store the save. And like with all games, the save is encrypted. You need to mount the game to extract the save but for this you need a gateway.

If you have a private/public header injected and played it as a .3dz rom it could be possible to extract the header and use a sky3ds to load the game with that game header. But for this task you need... Yes, a sky3ds.

3. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    It has a private header, but i play purely cia. I don't have a gateway/Sky anymore

4. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Send the .3ds file to someone with a gw and have them extract the raw data

5. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands

But i suppose i take the risk of them copying the save, don't i? or is this no problem?

6. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Your save doesn't interest anyone. It's the private header which is valueble and shouldn't be given away to someone you don't trust. Using a private header on multiple accounts/devices in the same time results in a ban.

Giving away your rom without the header is pointless. The save couldn't be extracted without it.

Last edited by GothicIII, Mar 14, 2016
  7. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Well i have no use for the private header since im CIA all the way.

8. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Feel free to message me the .3ds. I am more worried about my rep then to leak your shit if it makes you feel better

9. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the offer. I was trying to find my game on my pc but apparently it isnt on it anymore.. If i do find it, i'll PM you. thanks alot