Hacking Covers not available any longer

domshen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i use both coverfloader as well as USB loader GX and neither of them are able to d/l images any longer. after a little bit of investigation it looks like the repository on the site has been removed. Any word on if this is being looked into or not, or a way to change what site these loaders use for images?

Looks like the site that they were originaly on was "www.theotherzone.com"

but now its "www.wiiboxart.com"

henkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you take some time to read other topics in this Backup Loader forum, you will found enough info about this situation, there is even a topic wiiboxart where you can find your answer.

domshen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
henkie said:
If you take some time to read other topics in this Backup Loader forum, you will found enough info about this situation, there is even a topic wiiboxart where you can find your answer.

and now i feel like an idiot, i was doing a search for cover art. thanks

wazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I'm the same, just stopped working, now I see you have to pay for it?!?

I'm willing to provide some hosting for FREE tbh.

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If dont have to pay to manually download them, but if you want your loader to download them for you then only CoverFloader has the ability to do that if your donate $1 Euro then in Rc7 update 2 you will see a new file called Boxart.pass edit that with notepad or word pad and put your name and pass in, wiiboxart was suppose to handle 1000gig download and that was getting killed by all the loaders, but in fact the site had been limited to 300gig without djtaz knowledge, he is asking for donatitions if you want to mass/bulk download, but its still free for manual downloads
Hope that clears a few things up

harsh.realm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jaz808 said:
If dont have to pay to manually download them, but if you want your loader to download them for you then only CoverFloader has the ability to do that if your donate $1 Euro then in Rc7 update 2 you will see a new file called Boxart.pass edit that with notepad or word pad and put your name and pass in, wiiboxart was suppose to handle 1000gig download and that was getting killed by all the loaders, but in fact the site had been limited to 300gig without djtaz knowledge, he is asking for donatitions if you want to mass/bulk download, but its still free for manual downloads
Hope that clears a few things up

Really, 1 Euro isn't going to break your bank. It sure beats looking for all the boxart on your own. Save time on looking, more time playing.
yay.gif

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Hmm now "This Account Has Been Suspended", I was just writing about the site in a local forum.

you're right. i was downloading manually when suddenly the notice "This Account Has Been Suspended" appeared. i thought my ip was blocked because i haven't shelled out a stupid euro.

well, i would donate when i get rev13 working with my loaders.

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
pay for covers ?

In your dreams

Hope someone else sets up a site , so we can edit the config files in the loaders and use that instead ,because this just wont happen

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's down for good, that's too bad. the compilation was starting to be comprehensive.

surprised me too when they required paid membership to download using loaders, when most of the content was freely contributed by users.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
covers for gx currently here (first link I could find):

JustMe0815 said:
Hey have uploaded covers to my dedi (no traff limit smile.gif ) you can get them here:

as rar sep flat 3d disc: http://wiicover.gateflorida.com/rar/
flat 160x224: http://wiicover.gateflorida.com/flat/
3d 176x248: http://wiicover.gateflorida.com/3d/
disc 160x160: http://wiicover.gateflorida.com/disc

http://wiicover.gateflorida.com/index.php will come soon so you can upload your new or missing cover and so on smile.gif

have fun and good luck!

feel free to add to loader

drabag

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've just made an update for USBLoader GX (567), and there's is a new adress for download !
It seems to be downloadable again
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Covers Download is back... for now
posted 14 hours ago by marinos35 googler

Revision 567 did the trick and now we can download covers again
Here is what giantpune said:

changed the address we get covers from. this doesnt mean open season to DL
50000000 covers or else we will be in the same boat we were in people.
source : USB Loader GX site

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drabag said:
I've just made an update for USBLoader GX (567), and there's is a new adress for download !
It seems to be downloadable again
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Covers Download is back... for now
posted 14 hours ago by marinos35 googler

Revision 567 did the trick and now we can download covers again
Here is what giantpune said:

changed the address we get covers from. this doesnt mean open season to DL
50000000 covers or else we will be in the same boat we were in people.
source : USB Loader GX site

Rev 567 will code dump. They're going to fix the issue. If you use 567 and experience this (hint: you will) don't bother reporting it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hard to hold phone, tweezers, and my thingy all at same time, but I manage