Coverflow Round-Up

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by drakorex, Sep 23, 2012.

Sep 23, 2012

Coverflow Round-Up by drakorex at 12:05 AM (4,680 Views / 2 Likes) 23 replies

1. drakorex
    OP

Member drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Wiiflow's most defining feature is it's ability to display your games in a mesmerizing and fully customizable flow of three dimensional box covers. However I've noticed that many themes borrow some of their coverflows from other themes.

This thread is meant to spark some creativity and ultimately provide users with a bevy of coverflows that they might not have otherwise thought of.

Users may post videos or screens, as well as copy/paste their coverflows from whatever theme ini they used. If you cannot post a video, or at least a screen then try to describe it as best you can so others know what to expect.

For those not familiar with coverflow customization, please consult your wiiflow user manual. :P
    But seriously, it's just something that you have to play around with. It's not too difficult to figure out where your coverflow is if you pay attention to what mode you're in, and what coverflow number it is. Below is a complete coverflow that I have done as an example.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

[_EMUFLOW_12] is the 12th coverflow of the plugin modes. You can adjust it accordingly to whatever you wish to replace.
    [_EMUFLOW_12_S] is what shows when you press A on a cover to get a better look at it.

Users are invited to try out each others coverflows, and offer improvements, if needed. Also they don't necessarily have to provide both parts of the coverflow, as we can always mix and match, but if they can it would be preferred.

2 people like this.

2. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States

coverflow of multiflow.

MassiveRican likes this.
  3. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    Could you tell me which file to edit for this & where it goes.... Seriously I don't know I'm taking a brief look and just don't see an obious file.

4. mastershoes

Member mastershoes GameTDB Mod

United States
    You would edit your theme.ini (for each particular theme you want to add a flow to). Look for your other coverflows/emuflows/brewflows in the .ini and copy/paste the code.

@ Drakorex - Dig that crazy ass flow! :)

5. drakorex
    OP

United States
    Thank you. Crazy ass is what I was goin for lol. Hopefully this sparks some imagination in others, and we can eventually build a crazy ass coverflow depository. ;) (yet it seems to be going rather slow...)

@everybody, Come on guys, I'm eager to see what you can come up with!

6. AbdallahTerro

Member AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Lebanon
    I managed to almost finish the brewflows: made 4 new ones and corrected few things in my coverflows. also edited some tv frames for the tiny banner (4 frames in total now with lovely tweaks)
    EmuFlows are still untouched (as made by mastershoes) though I might add a couple to the final theme especially Drako's crazy flow if he doesn't mind ofc.

Link to RC2: http://www.mediafire.com/?66ol6214dlh8ggg
    or in my signature as always :)

7. MassiveRican

Member MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

Puerto Rico
    That flow is sick drakorex , I'm not the creative type and literally I see all those lines and it discourages me from trying my own thing :wtf: Are you guys manually putting the values in through a text editor then checking them out or just messing around with the values of Adjust Coverflow in WiiFlow?

Man we gotta call all themers over here.. there's plenty of themers for other loaders, we need to do some more "Shameless Self-Promoting" for this thread in other sections of temp lol.. if allowed :P

8. drakorex
    OP

United States
    Everyone likes my flow. Yay! :D Anyone can use whatever they want here.
    Ok, I thought I explained it well before, but let's go over it again.
    The coverflows are changed within wiiflow. Once you make a coverflow you like, or find one you want to add,make note of the mode and coverflow # so you can find it in the ini. Then, in the ini, highlight both parts of the coverflow.

Example
    [_EMUFLOW_12]
    BlahBlahBlah...
    [_EMUFLOW_12_S]
    BlahBlahBlah
    STOP
    [_EMUFLOW_13]

It's as simple as copy/pasting what you want. Just make sure you change the mode and # to what you are replacing. Hope that helps.

9. drakorex
    OP

United States
    Currently working on a "Diamondflow"

1 person likes this.
  10. shortz1994

United States
    @drakorex. you mind if i use these in a theme i'm building "redoing"..
    [​IMG] there has been some people asking for a redo on this one. so going through an redoing it. i hope pepxl doesn't have a problem with me using his buttons from andro!d.( they are the only ones i could find to match this old theme.) and befor the op of this theme say's any thing. this one is total over haul.the only trick i'm keeping is the line in the ini, that lets the bottom do what it does.(also adding that trick to a total new theme.) :)

11. drakorex
    OP

United States
    As promised, here's my Diamondflow

Went a bit crazy with the colors, but it's easy enough to undo.

Next I might try out a double helix...

Not at all. That's what this thread is all about! Just a little dissapointed that it hasn't gotten more buzz. Just wondering... What is the point of having buttons at bottom and up there too? Seems a bit redundant, and kinda takes away from the whole "wii menu" feel. If you feel like updating a theme, how about Orange, Green, or GRNNV? :)

MassiveRican and AbdallahTerro like this.
  12. shortz1994

United States
    yea it does look kinda dumb with those there, no wonder no one has really redone some of these themes. this is what happens when i'm off meds. i just start doing crap.( C.O.D is no joke.)
    i have like 6 themes i'm trying to do.( some probably will never get done.).
    on side note, i like these flows you come up with they are sweet.

13. AbdallahTerro

Lebanon
    Nice diamonds m8 :)
    I'm liking the "selected" part more, looks really neat.
    I might try to mod it later when I have some time
    TC

14. drakorex
    OP

United States
    Well, I've made some snazzy new coverflows for the Droidflow theme, but unfortunately my camera is in hock right now. I'll post them in a couple days.

Ok folks, how this for incentive? Who ever comes up with the most awesome coverflows will have an exclusive theme built in their honor! :P

MassiveRican and kylster like this.
  15. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    I suck at making themes :( but it would be sweet to have an Adventure time theme just not with all those messed up icons but maybe like how jake the dog can transform himself into objects that would be cool ;) just a suggestion to the more talented out there.

Also I'm glad to see your more involved into the community vs seeing you always on ask.temp :)

16. MassiveRican

Puerto Rico
    We need more flow'ers, and were bound to get a couple of more people in here that can make one :P Maybe Abz is working on something new?

17. drakorex
    OP

United States
    You said you wanted more flowers, so I picked this just for you! :P

18. MassiveRican

Puerto Rico
    Man that was awesome lol! Definitely a sweet yet bad-ass coverflow ;) I wonder how much time it takes to get things just the way you want em'. Great work Drakorex, and sad to see nobody wants a new theme built :(

You know I've just about had it and I think I'm going to start messin' with Coverflows too! Shit I would love 2 have a theme built, the only problem is, if I won what the hell would I want.. The new re-imagined Evangelion comes to mind, but it's too niche.. something a bit more welcoming for the masses but that stands out.. how about a weed theme I would personally love that, sorry kiddies only for grown-ups :P

19. AbdallahTerro

Lebanon
    Beautiful and sophisticated, I like it.
    Only thing that can make it perfect is removing the tiny banner along with the frame, but it's a shame we don't have this option yet :P

20. drakorex
    OP

United States
    the flower flow was a joke guys,a little word play humor. But if ya like it then you can have it. I think banners can be disabled entirely in the wiiflow ini.

When I got a few ideas buzzin in my head, I can knock out maybe 3 in an hour. My problem is that without internet of my own I dont always have the oppertunity to get them out there. I got about 8 just sittin on my computer right now. just a matter of gettin the ambition to go out and get on line and upload all the vids and all that.

MassiveRican and spacepimp like this.