smitty96

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
No no, I could never afford a Mac. I use Linux - Ubuntu on my desktop and a little-known distro called Slitaz on my laptop.

Edit: I tried DScovery on my brother's computer, he uses Visual Basic for school, so I figured he would have it. And, the program.. Worked. Sort of. It displayed very few of the .nds files on my card, but the rest of it seemed to be working great, so I added a few covers, but only one shows up when I boot my DS; the Opera browser. DSCovered, NesDS, SnemulDS, and Lameboy, all of which I added covers too and are in the root directory, aren't displayed. Any idea why?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
smitty96 said:
No no, I could never afford a Mac. I use Linux - Ubuntu on my desktop and a little-known distro called Slitaz on my laptop.

Edit: I tried DScovery on my brother's computer, he uses Visual Basic for school, so I figured he would have it. And, the program.. Worked. Sort of. It displayed very few of the .nds files on my card, but the rest of it seemed to be working great, so I added a few covers, but only one shows up when I boot my DS; the Opera browser. DSCovered, NesDS, SnemulDS, and Lameboy, all of which I added covers too and are in the root directory, aren't displayed. Any idea why?

did you actually click the check boxes for each file?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Guys, I'm not confident that I will ever finish the next update. I have become quite bored with DSCovered
frown.gif

If anyone would like to take over the project, you may PM me or something, but I warn any of you, the source code is very very messy and requires devkit r21 and a really old palib.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
spinal_cord said:
Guys, I'm not confident that I will ever finish the next update. I have become quite bored with DSCovered
frown.gif

If anyone would like to take over the project, you may PM me or something, but I warn any of you, the source code is very very messy and requires devkit r21 and a really old palib.
So DSision all over again?
sleep.gif

Could you at least make 1 final update before quitting and passing project on (or make it open source)?

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal code_cord, your the man! (dude.... i always thought your name was spinal_code... hm)

dont get bored of it, it rocks!

well at least your not like all the other stupid people that just die and dont share there sorce
smile.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Spinal,

Sad to see your giving up mate.

Still, its not as if the current version is unfinished. It is pretty functional and usable and looks better than most front ends for the DS.

My boy would also like to say thanks for all your work.

I'll type while he blabs.
"Thanks, I like your covers lots. Loads better then the other one." ... "Can me and you go back in the pool."
Well, he is ADD or SPD or something like that. At least I got a couple of sentances out of him before he switched topic.

Cheers mate
grog.gif
... Now to find more beer. And then to freeze in the pool.

*Hic*

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Problem:
I load a game in dscovered using akAIO 1.7
after the processing please dont turn of the power it goes to a black screen
I have a DS Lite, Acekard 2i, akAIO 1.7 and 8gb Sandisk Class 4 MicroSD

Taellon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if I missed something here, but I think I might be having troubles with the program. It loads fine and all, but the list of games it shows is incomplete. It's missing several titles that I have on my MicroSD card that AKAIO reads just fine. Any reason why this might be happening or any advice for how I can fix it?

Also, it says to rename my akaio4 file to just akaio or whatever. Will doing so wreck anything with AKAIO or will it just allow the files to load from Coverflow?

Another thing, I'm not really clear from the instructions on how to make this Coverflow program load up intially on my Acekard2i rather than having to select it from a menu. Could somebody please clear up this process for me?

mAlvarado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
smitty96 said:

if you want to update the DSCovered games without using your brother's computer, try using a virtual machine like "VirtualBox", and install windows on this. It will need more resources than wine, but will run flawlessly
tongue.gif

If you decide to use VirtualBox, you have to read THIS to enable the USB support

Good luck
yaynds.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Problem:
Make sure you are using the correct loader - under settings in Dscovered. I think it is TAB 3.
Ensure the two options, load homebrew external and soft reset are on.
Make sure you have renamed the akmenu4.nds to akmenu.nds before copying across spinals files.

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant get DScovery to work on my XP
i downloaded it from your site, so thats not the promblem...

it says something like "unhandeled exception occured in the application" then i can click continue or quit, quit closes it, continue just puts me back where i started, if i click on removable disk i, it says same messgae
frown.gif

then it says all of this junk o.o:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at DScovery.Form1.list_files()
at DScovery.Form1.ListBox2_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DScovery
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP_Administrator/Desktop/Win/DScovery.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

im using an 8gb microsdhc, with sd(hc) adapter, its not write protected.

thanks in advance

oh btw, no games show up (its just removable drives :i, and thats it)

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mantis41 said:
Rockstar said:
Problem:
Make sure you are using the correct loader - under settings in Dscovered. I think it is TAB 3.
Ensure the two options, load homebrew external and soft reset are on.
Make sure you have renamed the akmenu4.nds to akmenu.nds before copying across spinals files.
I dont copy the new akmenu4 because i dont want to autoboot dscovered but i still make 2 copies of my akmenu4 and rename one to akmenu, i think it should work.Does this support SDHC?

joelozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I installed this, but realized that it is very slow compared to AKAIO. To uninstall it, I just delete the new akmenu4, delete d system, and rename the old one, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But it does have a hamster... +1