Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackerboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm a member and I can't get it to work at all...any ideas???

djtaz said:
m00k said:
Not being funny, and I understand that bandwidth costs money but.......

Wiiboxart asking for a donation when it is mandatory is not a donation, its a fee.

Im not sure they own the right to SELL cover art, which IS what they ARE doing.

not sure i would call it a scam but it is misleading and an alternative solution should be found.

You can get covers from the site for free. That means its not mandatory.
Ive had to disable that today with the release of a new app that threthened to disable the site by mass downloads, but until that was release , covers were downloadable for free.
That doesnt mean the USB loaders could download them for free, i never said that , the images were freely available (and will be later today once i block the app) from the site , but only if your on the site and download from there.

If something is free , then your not charging for that , your charging for something else.
If someone gives away a meal and charges for a drink - and you order the drink with the meal , do you complain that its not free ?
The images were free to download directly frmo the site and will be again , if u dont want that then fuck off and dont use the site

Im not forcing anyone to use the site and frankly im getting majorly pissed off with the bitching about a site that no one has to even go to if they dont want

Stop bitching , dont go to the website , very simple

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Per game settings is still not working with latest build.
Its ok if you set the settings for 3 games but on the 4th one it corrupts the gamelist file and wont remember any settings from then on.
So if people are finding your getting a green screen when trying 002b games its prob because the 002 fix hasnt been applied and saved in per game settings.
I've let the coders know the problem on google code.

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
we now have a site running that will allow the USB loader dev team to autodownload the covers without a need for a user name and pass, we just need them to say they want to use it, over the next few days the site will become more user friendly, but in it's current state its good to go for USB loader and has all the covers that other sites have.

http://wii.muntrue.nl/

in the meantime feel free to visit the site and say hi

DJJayTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you're gonna download ALL the covers from WIICOVERART to put on your site and then bitch about him asking for a dollar??? Thats douchey... Wait till you have to put money out of your pocket for something... although i would bet your site will be nowhere near as well maintained as Tazz's... honestly i'd pay a buck for you just to shut up.... you should charge for that... put a donate button in you sig... and for a dollar thats 1 less asshole comment you need to make... if they asked for a dollar to maintain coverfloader with free updates... i'd pay without a question... fag

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
DJJayTee said:
so you're gonna download ALL the covers from WIICOVERART to put on your site and then bitch about him asking for a dollar??? Thats douchey... Wait till you have to put money out of your pocket for something... although i would bet your site will be nowhere near as well maintained as Tazz's... honestly i'd pay a buck for you just to shut up.... you should charge for that... put a donate button in you sig... and for a dollar thats 1 less asshole comment you need to make... if they asked for a dollar to maintain coverfloader with free updates... i'd pay without a question... fag

you clearly have issues, lack of a brain is probably it.

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJJayTee said:

A) No need for name calling and flaming
B) There are threads to CONVERSE about the cover situation (Isn't it time we quit beating the dead horse?)
C) This thread topic? Cover Flow USB ISO Loader (a subtle hint to stay on topic)

Having said that ....Devs...can't wait to see what's next...I took a peek at the newest release...still slick!

Is there a place (I couldn't find one) where you can say click a button and it check to see if you have the most current version and if not..download it straight through the Wii?
Cheers guys...thanks..and keep it slick!
wink.gif

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
rutny said:
DJJayTee said:

B) There are threads to CONVERSE about the cover situation (Isn't it time we quit beating the dead horse?)
C) This thread topic? Cover Flow USB ISO Loader (a subtle hint to stay on topic)

Having said that ....Devs...can't wait to see what's next...I took a peek at the newest release...still slick!

Is there a place (I couldn't find one) where you can say click a button and it check to see if you have the most current version and if not..download it straight through the Wii?
wink.gif

Theres no auto update function yet, if you click on the (i) icon top right it will tell you the current build then the only way at the moment to obtain the latest build is to compile it yourself from google code. All RC releases are put up for download though but its useful to compile to the current build as alot of bug fixes are done.

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
rutny said:
DJJayTee said:

wink.gif

Theres no auto update function yet, if you click on the (i) icon top right it will tell you the current build then the only way at the moment to obtain the latest build is to compile it yourself from google code. All RC releases are put up for download though but its useful to compile to the current build as alot of bug fixes are done.

Regrettably I would not have the first clue how to compile one
wink.gif

Ravager90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
while trying to install a new game by clicking the plus icon down right I wanted to add a backup-copy of a game I was given by my friend to try out. I started loading and ended up crashing with a code dump. What did I do wrong this time ? Does this feature only work with original disks ?

mabruzo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, firstly thanks to all involved with coverflow. You are doing a great job.
I managed to get RC6 up and running trouble free. Have now run RC8 which seems to be running fine except it crashes when trying to rip games to the hard drive. Not sure if i have done something wrong in upgrading or what . I have done a bit of searching for a solution but nothing yet. Any ideas?

Cheers
grog.gif

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Latest build R746 fixes the issues with the per game settings getting corrupted and not saving.
Per game settings now working fine
smile.gif

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I want to signup at wiiboxart.com so it allows coverfloader to download covers automatically. How exactly do i sign up plz? Do i need to make a donation 1st?

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Jaz808 said:
When you make a donation with palpay you get redirected to make a logon name and pass at wiiboxart

err help, because that didnt happen for me. it took me to the paypal overview screen. hw do i get my username now?

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
KTroopA said:
Jaz808 said:
When you make a donation with palpay you get redirected to make a logon name and pass at wiiboxart

err help, because that didnt happen for me. it took me to the paypal overview screen. hw do i get my username now?

nm i donated a second time and it forwarded. account all setup now. thx again for a great usb loader. looks very sexy now...
smile.gif

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wiiboxart site will be disabled in upcoming RC9 version, in favour of wiitdb.com
This site has other informations like ESRB rating, number of players, and other things that we will hope to add soon.
It also doesn't have bandwidth limitation.

Please note also that RC9 will not load covers with 3-4 digits anymore, just 6 digits one, that is more standard.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
scognito said:
Please note also that RC9 will not load covers with 3-4 digits anymore, just 6 digits one, that is more standard.

that's a good thing.
you will probably get more "covers not found" at the beginning , but at least people wil get more involved to fill the missing covers in wiitdb
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya