Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patpond

patpond Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hey everyone,

props to the ppl who have spent countless hours coding this piece of art tyvm.

One question though, Will Coverfloader ever support HDs over 500GB? I thought it might since USBLoader 1.5 does, but my 750GB drive is not detected.

thx!

p.s.- sorry if this has been asked and answered in this thread, but at 171 pages... it's a lot of reading

2. Waughoo

Waughoo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Awww, now I remember why I had to go back to rev10. I just installed rev14, and now neither Coverflow or USBloader GX can find my hard drive. I'm also trying to install system menu 4.1u, but it keeps failing during "Downloading content".

Should I downgrade to a different rev, and if so which one?

3. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

with rev 14 did you try the other usb port by any chance????

4. Waughoo

Waughoo Member
    Newcomer

United States

Hehe, yeah, I just tried it. It's working now. Well, GX is working, Coverflow is still giving me stack dumps when I try and start it though. I did get system menu 4.1u installed finally too.

5. Marcher

Marcher Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    standard CF 1.1, Cios REV14, 4.0E, Anti 002 selected

Works perfectly! [​IMG]

Actually, I believe SSX is the only game so far I couldn't get working on this configuration

6. Waughoo

Waughoo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well, I figured out what is causing my stack dumps. It's the coverart. If I delete it all off my sd card, then coverfloader will start up fine. As soon as I download the coverart again then I get another stack dump. It sucks cause I mainly use coverfloader for it's aesthetics. Anyone else having this problem?

7. rutny

rutny GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just went back and checked..and you have yet to say what exact version of CF you are using.

????

A) You sure you have the right size art?
    B) What Version CF you using?
    C) 3D or 2D art?
    D) I forgot to mention the usb port issue my bad
    E) What version of CF was it you are using?

I'll give you one guess what I'd really like to know.

Worse case scenario I will upload a pack of art (2D and Disc only...3D doesnt work well for me atm [​IMG] )that I KNOW works, and does not give me ANY grief

8. Waughoo

Waughoo Member
    Newcomer

United States

Ever notice when you're trying to fix something, the website you're using for help always goes down?

Anyways...
    A) I used CF's auto-download for the art, so should be ok
    B) I checked the "current.txt" file and it says 1.2+
    C) 3D
    D) Thats ok, but when did that change over? I just remember all the softmod guides saying that the other port was required for loaders to work.
    E) Like I said above, 1.2+ according to that file. I'm going by that because it's been awhile since I installed so I dont remember which one I used when I installed it.

9. fishears

fishears fishears

It's possible you're using an old build that doesn't handle bad covers properly. Can you get as far as clicking on the "i" icon (top right) and tell me exactly what version (and revision) it says?

10. RolloS60

RolloS60 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Latest revision:

Please try CF_r970 (v1.2a)

This version supports Metroid Prime Trilogy ( with alt.DOL from image and cIOS 222/223)

Please report...

LoudBob11

11. Waughoo

Waughoo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Alright, I deleted all the coverart again so it would load. It have version 1.2a (r923), IOS Version 249 (rev 14).
    Hope that helps

12. fishears

fishears fishears

If you like to use the 1.2a (SVN) branch then I really recommend you get the latest build (posted above by RolloS60). There have been quite a lot of changes since the build you are using - a few relate to cover downloading and network access...
    HTH

13. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Confirming that this build works fine with Metroid Prime Trilogy (at least for Metroid Prime 1, haven't tried the others yet). One bug I seem to have with it though is that trying to autoboot it with preloader causes a code dump. Loads fine from the HBC though.

14. Waughoo

Waughoo Member
    Newcomer

United States

That seems to be working for me. It's weird though, I added the boot.dol to the apps/coverfloader, and load it through the HBC, and it works fine. I used that version to download the coverart again, and no problems. The weird thing is that if I load my old version, which is a channel on the main wii menu, it also works fine now. Maybe the old version screws something up when it downloads the coverart?

15. fishears

fishears fishears

That's what I suspect. The old version was probably saving the results of "no cover found" as covers instead of saving nothing if the result is not a displayable cover. Each cover host has their own system for what happens when we ask for a cover that they don't have. I think we cover account for every eventuality now.

Glad this is working for you.

16. terminal_illness

terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    hey fishears when will we see another release of coverfloader? 2.0 i think is next no?

17. Jaz808

Jaz808 GBAtemp Fan

Re: r970
    Metroid 1 & 2 worked fine for me, but 3 went to a back screen, i have 3 seperatley so really only needed 1 & 2 working [​IMG]

18. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think 3 not working is more of a problem with using cIOS rev14 instead of the loader anyways.

19. fishears

fishears fishears

1.3 will be next but I don't know when. Not long though...

20. heggie

heggie Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Rev 14 has problems with dual layer so they say and seems, so trying with Hermes 222 might work for Metroid 3.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Beardface, Loader, Cover

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.