1. AdamCatalyst

AdamCatalyst Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I certainly can't speak for others, but I find your “boring” interesting! :D I've always been impressed (and maybe a little jealous) of you folks who could have such confidence in the command line, and all the power that brings.

Tetsuo Shima likes this.
  2. Tetsuo Shima

OP Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Italy
    @Wiimpathy I guess I should update my distro, but I never have the time.
    pngcrush version is 1.7.85, running with libpng version 1.2.54 and zlib version 1.2.8

@fledge68 @blackb0x
    I have a doubt, I notice that no matter how much the covers are compressed, the resulting .wfc files are always the same size:
    698,1 kB if I use HQ covers
    349,2 kB if I don't use HQ covers
    In both cases the .wfc file is often bigger in size than the .png cover.
    Is it really worth to compress the covers to a size lower than these two values?

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Blank covers set updated. The pack was re-optimized thanks to @AdamCatalyst
    The pack's size was reduced from 19 MB to 16MB, with no noticeable loss in quality, or even better quality in many cases.
    Link updated in the OP

If you have the previous version, delete the corresponding wfc files in wiiflow/cache/ and reload the cache in Wiiflow.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima, Feb 15, 2021
    alexander1970 and AdamCatalyst like this.
  4. ToddofWar420

ToddofWar420 CoverFlow Artist

United States
    Nice! I may need to consider having this done for the new SNES set before release. I'm already peaking 700ish mb and with a lot of covers done this way, I'm sure the results would be much greater.
    @AdamCatalyst Would you be down to do so?

Tetsuo Shima and AdamCatalyst like this.
  5. AdamCatalyst

AdamCatalyst Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Of course. Just PM me when you are ready so I am sure to get the message.

I am going to try and write a more all-inclusive post on PNG compression for folks, sooner than later, and will link it in this thread.

6. ereyesc95

ereyesc95 Newbie
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Hi! Thanks a lot for sharing, I also have some full box covers for the nintendo ds, some of them are for hack roms and some of them had to be put altogether gathering separate images for the front, back and side. I uploaded them to mega so you can add them to your collection and share it in this post. They have the same dimensions as the ones you posted.

mega. nz/file/ENUUHDCB#gDZbeC0wqQrZb1wdc1U2g9z3W2JXXNUND2zMcG4EygI
    (delete spaces between mega and .nz)
    Thanks a lot again for sharing

7. ToddofWar420

United States
    Here's another new SNES update preview to some of the recent covers I've finished.
    I just completed the 300th new cover and about the hit the 400th updated cover milestone. Also, 125 new/updated alternates as well. Alternates are mixed right now with new and old, so actually there are more new covers but I count new only as "a new game title". Those will need to be sorted later when I'm finished. Other then that, the set is looking amazing so far.
    SNES Preview 6.png

8. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Added a new full set for the Amstrad GX4000. There are two choices: one set in original big box format, and another one in Small box format from sion_zaphod.
    Thanks to @sion_zaphod who also made the GX4000 plugin. It will be added in the next plugins pack and Rhapsodii Shima update
    Links in the OP.

9. ToddofWar420

United States
    I know it's been a minute since I last posted a SNES update preview, but the covers are still in the works. I recently went back to some of the earlier covers and redid some minor work I had left notes on awhile back. Here are the previews for the Mega Man collection. All the covers were cleaned up, resourced, retyped, and all the logos have been replaced. Without doubt, I put a lot of love in these covers and honestly, I think they actually look better then the retail versions. Rockman 7 is the fan retranslation of MM7 and MM7 Bass is a modified version were you play as Bass instead of Mega Man. Alternates will also be available.
    Some of the other Mega Man hacks I'm working on covering are the Proto Man and Zero Editions of X1-X3. SNES Preview 7 - Mega Man Collection.png

10. rainbowbattlekid

Newcomer

United States
    Hey all. So I've looked around, but couldn't find this or an answer anywhere, but I'm looking for the Famicom NES cover art collection. I see that the NES covers were reposted from the last thread, but I can't find the Japanese set. Specifically I'm looking for Ninja Cop Saizou and Jigoku Gokuraku Maru but definitely would love other J-game cover art for the future

Last edited by rainbowbattlekid, Apr 23, 2021
  11. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    sure man! I will upload it soon

12. matto21

matto21 GBAtemp Fan

Italy
  13. rainbowbattlekid

Newcomer

United States
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ah cool thanks. I THINK specifically I'm looking for the shrunken spine ones? Whichever ones were optimized for wiiflow if there are some.

14. matto21

matto21 GBAtemp Fan

Italy
  15. rainbowbattlekid

Newcomer

United States
  16. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Famicom+FDS custom boxcovers shrunken spine added to the OP. All covers sets in this thread are specifically for Wiiflow.
    Unfortunately I only have this incomplete custom set with a few famicom covers. It also includes some FDS custom covers, with the same style.
    Coming soon: a complete FDS set by Sion_Zaphod
    @matto21 Thanks for the front covers.
    Please use spoilers tags with big images.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima, Apr 24, 2021
    RunningSnakes and alexander1970 like this.
  17. rainbowbattlekid

Newcomer

United States
    Ah thanks. Bummer it's so small compared to the NES set etc. Thanks though!

18. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Yes, a Famicom set would be needed.
    I had this one on a separate hard disk, but never actually used it. I thought it was bigger

rainbowbattlekid likes this.
  19. Tetsuo Shima

Italy
    Big update to the FDS covers!
    Added a new set by @sion_zaphod . It's 266 covers (licensed + unlicensed games).
    There are still a few missing games from this new set, but you'll find them in my old set, which is still there (166 covers).
    Both FDS covers sets were compressed by @AdamCatalyst , to free memory in Wiiflow for a glitchless experience.
    He did an exceptional work, you won't notice any difference in quality between compressed/uncompressed covers.
    For people who feel the need to edit them or want to make new ones, I've also uploaded the lossless version which is including 2 floppy disks template in different colors.

All links in the OP

20. rainbowbattlekid

Newcomer

United States
    whoa thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So like, these you can't have displayed in the same display as the NES games though, right? Like the regular famicom games fit the same coverflow look, but these are such different dimensions you'd wand to have a separate emulator section set up, i think?

Tetsuo Shima and alexander1970 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Collections, Cover,