mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Ive got wiiflow running with some emulators but I dumped so low quality artwork into my box art folder. I have since replaced all the covers with the high quality small spine versions, but a lot of the old box artwork is still showing in wiiflow, I have refreshed the cache many times but it hasn't changed.

could someone advise me on how to fix this please.

Many thanks

You have to manually delete all your old cache files. (wiiflow/cache/emufolder/gamename.wfc)

Reactions: Jedman

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow all these covers are Amazing good work from all the Contributors on this Thread.......

Almost have all my Roms Cover'ed up on Wiiflow :yaywii:

Bigbones87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very time consuming....right? Lol. I did the batch rename, but there is still a lot of work to do, renaming the files that didn't get recognized or wrongfully named/duplicated. With over 2000 roms....could take me a life time. :)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Ive got wiiflow running with some emulators but I dumped so low quality artwork into my box art folder. I have since replaced all the covers with the high quality small spine versions, but a lot of the old box artwork is still showing in wiiflow, I have refreshed the cache many times but it hasn't changed.

could someone advise me on how to fix this please.

Many thanks
Delete the cache of the covers you replaced.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redid Challenge of the Dragon. I think it looks better.

Attachments

• Challenge of the Dragon (USA) (Unl).png
    Challenge of the Dragon (USA) (Unl).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,946
Reactions: MassiveRican

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 07-22-14:

NES Update! This round includes 8 New covers, 2 New Alts, and 17 Cleaned/Updated covers. Thanks again to the good peeps at TCP. There were also a couple of naming corrections, as follows:
Re-named "White Lion Densetsu - Ghost Lion (Japan)" to "Legend of the Ghost Lion (USA) (Alt)" and moved it into the Alts folder.

Re-named "Addams Family, The - Uncle Fester's Quest (USA) (Beta)" to "Fester's Quest (USA)"

Re-named "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles - Tournament Fighters (Europe)" to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters (USA)"

All links and folders have been updated. As usual, If you look in the individual downloads folder, you'll find a seperate update folder with an update .rar as well. Have fun!

Reactions: MassiveRican

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Agh this laptop's probably gonna die a death soon - keeps cutting out, putting me off making any more covers...... Still got a few done, just not half as much as I'd like! Gonna call this the Go Go Ackman pack - 5 covers, 3 of them being the little devils himself:

Gegege....(cover is correctly named :lol: )
Gegege no Kitarou - Fukkatsu! Tenma Daiou.png

Go Go Ackman
Go Go Ackman.png

Go Go Ackman 2
Go Go Ackman 2.png

Go Go Ackman 3
Go Go Ackman 3.png

Holy Umbrella...
Holy Umbrella - Dondera no Mubou!!.png

The first Ackman has an easily found English translation, not sure about the other two tbh but they're relatively accessible anyway. ;)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alreet peeps, getting a bit sick of SFC cover making at the moment, so have decided to slow them down to ones I want doing, rather than every single decent scan I can find.... just the 3 here:

Uchuu Race - Astro Go! Go!
Uchuu Race - Astro Go! Go!.png
...Not a F-zero clone at ALL....:lol:, I actually remember being really hyped for this as the screenshots looked great, and bought on import on release, but it's not particularly great. Average at best, and the boxcovers I've found haven't been great, so quality isn't good even after a touch up, but I still wanted it doing!

Sieken Densetsu 3
Sieken Densetsu 3.png
AKA 'Secret of Mana 2', and I know ms already has a custom US cover, but that's not really the proper title, and were it to get a Western release I don't think that'd have been the title either - it'd have been [something] of Mana of course.... Another one I bought on import on release - cost me a small fortune too, something like £90 (US $151) back in 1995....
Not a patch on Sieken 2, but still holds a place in my heart - couldn't get past the pirate ship due to my lack of understanding Japanese, and in turn found out about the whole emulation thing when looking for a way to get an English version!

Super Mario RPG
Super Mario RPG.png
Would you believe this never got a PAL release?! Literally did this one for personal use only, as there's the wonderful US version in mastershoes pack, and don't (usually!) do US releases, but this was another game I imported the SFC version of at launch so this is (a remix of) the cover I remember most fondly, and who knows, maybe there's fellow PAL gamers who'll prefer this look, so I've uploaded it.

Anyway, moved on to another console this morn - the Sega Master System! Basically the covers on here bug me coz they're not shrunken spine, so I'm creating shrunken ones: done the first 25 alphabetically, and this is again for personal use, so it's just the covers I use on my setup (various regions!). Couple of touchups here and there, although some are such low quality I had to leave them as is, or the result would either look a right mess, or take soddin hours to do: DOWNLOAD LINK
...Let us know if you like these shrunken spines and I'll pass on whatever I do (there's pushing 400 on my list though so it'll take a while!!)

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mightymuffy - I have a full shrunken spine SMS set, it's just not posted. It's a project that's halfway through and has been put on the backburner for now, as I've been working to incorporate a lot of cleaned/updated covers. This is one of those sets that's a pain like Genesis/MegaDrive because there are so many different region covers.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mightymuffy - I have a full shrunken spine SMS set, it's just not posted. It's a project that's halfway through and has been put on the backburner for now, as I've been working to incorporate a lot of cleaned/updated covers. This is one of those sets that's a pain like Genesis/MegaDrive because there are so many different region covers.

Ooh, excellent news! :D (And yeah I can see the problems you'd be having with it!) Saves me a fair old amount of time shrinking them then, cheers for letting me know!

Van_Kaiji

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, first of all, I'm really thankful for all the work being done here with the covers. It has helped me with some covers I didn't have, so as a gift I've brought two missing Game Boy Color covers, done by my girlfriend (so thank her instead :lol:). These are:
-Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
-Action Man: Search for Base X

The middle of the covers ain't original, though, but both front and back have been taken from actual boxes.

Harry Potter.pngActionMan.png

Reactions: mastershoes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."