Couple Questions About Moonshell, DS and other stuff...

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by alexg1989, Dec 16, 2010.

1. alexg1989
    OP

Member alexg1989 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My set up: DS Lite, Acekard2i with 4GB MicroSDHC

1.) I have two videos I successfully converted and ran on Moonshell, but after after I re-started a video the screen got all weird with different colors that covered the screen for a few seconds... remnants of the last video I played were still playing even after I selected a different video and they played at the same time for a few seconds. Is there anyway to stop this? I should note that the first few times I played the videos they worked perfectly, but after a while this started....

2.) What's the best case for a DS Lite? I want to take it out with me to play games and listen to music but I won't until I have proper protection for it.

3.) Are there really no good fighting games for the DS? I tried Jump Super Stars but it just isn't my thing. How is DBZ Super Sonic Warriors 2? I played the first on my Gameboy Advance years ago but I didn't like it. Is the 2nd any better? I even tried Naruto Ninja Destiny but it's too clunky. I'm not a fan of the Bleach anime but are the fighting games based off the series any good? If so I may give'em a go. If not I guess I should just stick to my PSP since fighting is my fave genre. I don't normally ask for Turn based RPGs because, aside from the Pokemon and Mother series, I don't really care for the genre, but how is DBZ Attack of the Saiyans? Do enemies pop up randomly like in Pokemon, or is it like in Mother 3 where you see the enemies and can sometimes strategically avoid them if you want.

4.) I want to play GBA games on my DS so what is the best Slot 2 flash cart for a DS Lite with an Acekard2i and a 4gb Sandisk MicroSDCH?

5.) How long can I expect my Acekard2i to last? I've read many people saying that flash carts don't last too long....

6.) Is there anyway to boot to the Acekard OS from homebrew apps like DSNotes and Moonshell? I can boot to the OS just fine from games but not any apps.

7.) How can I delete things from my Acekard2i directly from the DS? I press start over a file and then select delete but it doesn't do anything.

8.) How can I get Action Replay cheats on my DS? I really only want it so I could use Mew on Heart Gold

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    1 - What version of moonshell?

6 - Enable soft-reset in the system options (default patch options), then you can soft-reset (A+B+L+R+DOWN) from in-game to go right back to AKAIO. It works for homebrew except Moonshell, for moonshell simply run akmenu4.nds (in the root of the card) to get back to AKAIO. There's other methods but this is a simplest.

3. alexg1989
    OP

Member alexg1989 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm using the very latest version of Moonshell 2.10 ChildZwai edition....

ahhh, okay... I see... I can just run Akaio from moonshell... perfect, so that settles that... lol... Just tested and it works, so thanks for that...

4. alkahest

Member alkahest GBAtemp Regular

United States
    5. flash carts lasts pretty long as long as you dont brick or break ur cart
    and acekard is a very good flashcart