Hacking Countdown for new R4 Firmware (15th September)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Joe88 said:
Monochrome said:
So, where exactly did this rumor start?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=935...t=0&start=0

and unconfirmed forum post by a n00b...
Hey Joe88, ahtin is actually very respectable on the scene....I don't know about this firmware though, but he usually comes with info that comes true in the end..

I trust him, and believe he's right....and even if he's not....he really isn't a n00b or anything of that sort!!
wink.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Joe88 said:
Monochrome said:
So, where exactly did this rumor start?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=935...t=0&start=0

and unconfirmed forum post by a n00b...
Hey Joe88, ahtin is actually very respectable on the scene....I don't know about this firmware though, but he usually comes with info that comes true in the end..

I trust him, and believe he's right....and even if he's not....he really isn't a n00b or anything of that sort!!
wink.gif
I didnt mean ahtin , lol
grog.gif

should have been more specific
I meant the person who made that thread on the r4 forum and spread like wildfire over every site
hate2.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Remember folks, this was announced a long time ago before the R4 team announced that the R4 is halted from being manufactured and before Nintendo wasn't trying to shut them down and sue them. So the chances the R4 team will be releasing a new Firmware is slim to none. Why release a new firmware and maintain a flashcard that isn't being made anymore?

The best thing they can do right now is release the source code to the R4 loader so people can take it and update it themselves instead of waiting for the R4 team but I don't see that happening because the R4 Team despises the R4 clones and open sourcing the R4 would just fuel them.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Narin said:
Remember folks, this was announced a long time ago before the R4 team announced that the R4 is halted from being manufactured and before Nintendo wasn't trying to shut them down and sue them. So the chances the R4 team will be releasing a new Firmware is slim to none. Why release a new firmware and maintain a flashcard that isn't being made anymore?

The best thing they can do right now is release the source code to the R4 loader so people can take it and update it themselves instead of waiting for the R4 team but I don't see that happening because the R4 Team despises the R4 clones and open sourcing the R4 would just fuel them.

Wouldnt that also help the clones 0.o . Imean the clones can also make their own fw now, instead of waiting for an update.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ENDscape said:
Narin said:

Wouldnt that also help the clones 0.o . Imean the clones can also make their own fw now, instead of waiting for an update.

Which isn't happening. Every R4 clone out there right now just uses the R4 firmware with some hex edits to change the text/branding and possibly the default theme and thats it. Hence why they are called clones. The clones sole purpose is to make very cheap and shotty flashcards with the R4 name so they can profit off of the R4 popularity. To most people who aren't well informed in the flashcard scene, when they hear the word flashcard, or think of a way to play games for free on the DS, they think of the R4. This is why there are so many R4 clones so unsuspecting users would buy them. All it is actually is just a big scam to earn a few bucks at the buyer's expense.

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ENDscape said:
Imean the clones can also make their own fw now, instead of waiting for an update.

ALL of the clone's firmwares are just decrypted, GUI-modded versions of R4 1.18.

They feed off the updates.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
seedvt said:
ENDscape said:
Imean the clones can also make their own fw now, instead of waiting for an update.

ALL of the clone's firmwares are just decrypted, GUI-modded versions of R4 1.18.

They feed off the updates.

Yes i know but if they release the open source for r4 then anyone can make a firmware. Hackers, clones, n00bs (maybe), etx.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, but you are forgetting that announcement said it'll be modified version, that won't be such "clone friendly"..
Main thing is that they can change the firmware in a way that it's harder to modify, but they could update compatibility..

But I agree with the fact that is very unlikely to happen........But I can still hope..

chaofan

Trophies
XP
Country
The firmware is a lie. The firmware is a lie. The firmware is a lie.

Guys, we all know the R4 team will release this SUPER FIRMWARE. They'll be adding SDHC support, 101% ROM compatibility, Wii-DS linkage, MP3 capabilities without Moonshell, MP4 video support, real time saving, real time .txt reader and LAZORS.

Why has no one supplied the beers? This is the most anticipated moment of 2008, behind New Years 2008 and what was supposed to be the end of the world yesterday. *passes the beers*

... I hope everyone's sarcasm detectors were turned on :/...

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chaofan said:
The firmware is a lie. The firmware is a lie. The firmware is a lie.

Guys, we all know the R4 team will release this SUPER FIRMWARE. They'll be adding SDHC support, 101% ROM compatibility, Wii-DS linkage, MP3 capabilities without Moonshell, MP4 video support, real time saving, real time .txt reader and LAZORS.

Why has no one supplied the beers? This is the most anticipated moment of 2008, behind New Years 2008 and what was supposed to be the end of the world yesterday. *passes the beers*

... I hope everyone's sarcasm detectors were turned on :/...
lol did you have one too many beers mate?????

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I believed in the LHC! I knew mankind wasn't going to build a world destroyer... wait, that's Star Wars....
laugh.gif

Rizzet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't think the new Firmware is coming out.
Nintendo has stop R4 absolutely or not?

But it weren't bad if it comes out.
wacko.gif

Pokemon Platinum(J) doesn't work on my R4 anymore

theADDict

Trophies
XP
Country
Spoke to one of the R4 guys on msn this morning, he confirmed new firmware coming 'soon'....I pushed for a date, but best I could get was 'this month'.
blink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...