Hacking Question "Could not start software. Please try again from the HOME Menu"

Raikkonen94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I discovered that I still had some eShop funds left so I decided to use it to buy Stardew Valley (I was very surprised to see that I wasn't banned yet). I had downloaded the NSP through Tinfoil (ReiNX 1.7, firmware 6.0.0) a couple of weeks before but I deleted that file from my Switch and purchased the legit game from the eShop. However, upon booting the game I get the following error "Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME Menu".

I tried deleting it and downloading it again, installed it on my NAND and removed my sd card and checked for corrupt data but no luck. My other legit bought games that I never downloaded through Tinfoil start just fine, so I'm wondering what's going wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the fake ticket that was installed when you used Tinfoil to install it using Ticket Management then reinstall the game from the eShop so you can download a real ticket to use with the game instead.

Raikkonen94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Delete the fake ticket that was installed when you used Tinfoil to install it using Ticket Management then reinstall the game from the eShop so you can download a real ticket to use with the game instead.

Thanks for your fast reply! That makes a lot of sense, I should have thought of that. I suppose I have to follow this guide to make it happen? https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...crypto-equivalent-ban-risk-mitigation.518312/

Kinda ironic that if you want to support the developer after playing their game, you have to jump through all of these hoops.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your fast reply! That makes a lot of sense, I should have thought of that. I suppose I have to follow this guide to make it happen? https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...crypto-equivalent-ban-risk-mitigation.518312/

Kinda ironic that if you want to support the developer after playing their game, you have to jump through all of these hoops.
Er, not really. That tutorial details a lot more than just removing fake tickets. Just go to Ticket Management in Tinfoil and delete any tickets related to Stardew Valley.

Raikkonen94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Er, not really. That tutorial details a lot more than just removing fake tickets. Just go to Ticket Management in Tinfoil and delete any tickets related to Stardew Valley.

Oh thanks, that's a lot easier. Thanks again for your help and fast response. This also reminds me that I still have to answer your banning hub topic. Will do that very soon!

Reactions: Draxzelex

icegold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone else having this or found a fix?
I get it when using Sonic Mania & Minecraft XCI's... "could not start the software. please try again from the home menu"
all other games work fine as did these two yesterday. Today I reformatted sd from exfat to fat32. Had to split some files (which still work now) these two should have been least likely to be affected as both well under 4gb..?

strange

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone else having this or found a fix?
I get it when using Sonic Mania & Minecraft XCI's... "could not start the software. please try again from the home menu"
all other games work fine as did these two yesterday. Today I reformatted sd from exfat to fat32. Had to split some files (which still work now) these two should have been least likely to be affected as both well under 4gb..?

strange

Same problem, right after I formatted from exFAT to FAT32. Guessing something got screwed up along the way? Anyone know the fix?

icegold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem, right after I formatted from exFAT to FAT32. Guessing something got screwed up along the way? Anyone know the fix?

I'd guess file corruption. Started from scratch on re-formatted sd with new emunand and it resolved the issue. Another user said he 'cleaned' his SD on a windows pc and it repaired corruption without having to remove files and start again so maybe try to see if you can figure out how to do that

rodario

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have a similar problem with Diablo 3 tested it with an xci with SX OS and updated my switch to 6.2 and bought the game on eshop. But when I try to launch it i get the same error. Installed it again, deleted everything that has to do with the game but no luck. Any ideas? Would be realy happy if i get it to work.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd guess file corruption. Started from scratch on re-formatted sd with new emunand and it resolved the issue. Another user said he 'cleaned' his SD on a windows pc and it repaired corruption without having to remove files and start again so maybe try to see if you can figure out how to do that

Haaaa nah fixed it, literally just updated using Kosmos' files and they worked again :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different...