Question "Could not find bootloader\hekate_ipl.ini"

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Silent_Gunner, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Silent_Gunner
    OP

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    So, I got a 3.0.1 Switch from eBay, and have finally gotten around to trying to get it to run emulators, and the damn thing keeps giving me this error when I try to boot the Switch with the CFW, even though the file is certainly located where it's supposed to be and everything.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to run into this problem, but with how things are changing every almost every day given that the devs are still in the early stages of modifying the Switch, I figured I'd ask anyways since threads saying you couldn't run homebrew past 3.0.0 seem to be out of date with people running CFW, emulators, and other stuff on FWs past 3.0.0. (Those topics were the first to come up in Google)

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    On the SD card should be a file titled...exactly what you wrote in the thread title which is like a notepad document that contains instructions on how to launch Hekate. Without it, Hekate has no idea how to launch anything and defaults to stock firmware (OFW). Luckily, there's someone who already compiled a hekate_ipl.ini with a bunch of useful configurations as well as some homebrew.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/newest-hekate-sdfiles-zip.506280/

3. Silent_Gunner
    OP

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2017
    United States

So, the file was named hekate_ipl.ini.txt...

...this is what happens when you're tired, busy, and just not able to focus 100% because of it being the first day of college, people. :rofl: