1. Silent_Gunner

OP Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    So, I got a 3.0.1 Switch from eBay, and have finally gotten around to trying to get it to run emulators, and the damn thing keeps giving me this error when I try to boot the Switch with the CFW, even though the file is certainly located where it's supposed to be and everything.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to run into this problem, but with how things are changing every almost every day given that the devs are still in the early stages of modifying the Switch, I figured I'd ask anyways since threads saying you couldn't run homebrew past 3.0.0 seem to be out of date with people running CFW, emulators, and other stuff on FWs past 3.0.0. (Those topics were the first to come up in Google)

NoNAND likes this.
  2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    On the SD card should be a file titled...exactly what you wrote in the thread title which is like a notepad document that contains instructions on how to launch Hekate. Without it, Hekate has no idea how to launch anything and defaults to stock firmware (OFW). Luckily, there's someone who already compiled a hekate_ipl.ini with a bunch of useful configurations as well as some homebrew.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/newest-hekate-sdfiles-zip.506280/

NoNAND likes this.
  3. Silent_Gunner

United States

So, the file was named hekate_ipl.ini.txt...

...this is what happens when you're tired, busy, and just not able to focus 100% because of it being the first day of college, people. :rofl:

NoNAND likes this.
  4. fearlubu

fearlubu Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I apologize for reviving a year old thread, but what did you do to fix this problem exactly? I checked the file and sure enough it is indeed hekate_ipl.ini .

NoNAND likes this.
  5. Silent_Gunner

United States
    I had the hekate file named incorrectly. This was back when I'd say homebrew on the Switch was starting to get practical and before RetroArch even got it's official port to Horizon (the community-dubbed name for the Nintendo Switch's OS), and I was nervous I'd destroy my dirty Switch that I bought specifically for hacking. Just make sure that "hekate_ipl.ini" ends there and doesn't have a .txt or any other extension at the end of it. I don't remember the deets as it was a year ago, but I'm thinking I may have been using Notepad because I'm not gonna bust out Notepad++ for something I'm just gonna use once. If you have to, check the box in File Manager on Windows 10 to show file extensions.

Otherwise, I don't know if there was anything else that went wrong or that contributed to this issue. What OFW do ya' got? While I think CFW works on every FW right now, I also haven't updated the FW on my dirty Switch because of the potential for it to introduce compatibility problems with homebrew for the Switch.

6. fearlubu

fearlubu Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hmmm, it appears that the file is named correctly. I'm able to get into the hetake menu, but I can't launch anything. After the sept screen appears for a split second the screen turns off. I can't do anything else other than manually turn it off (hold power for 15 seconds) and inject a payload into it. I can't turn it on normally.

I do notice that in the more settings (or something like that) selection, just right of launch on hekate keeps saying that it can't detect hekate_ipl.ini . It's certainly named correctly and in the correct folder path. I'm not sure if that information is relevant, but I noticed it a few times.

7. Silent_Gunner

United States
    Check the paths and the like. Your microSD card is formatted as FAT32, correct? Having it as exFAT seems to cause a lot of problems.

8. Geridious4

Geridious4 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Not to revive this thread but
    I've done this guide 5 times plus did other different guides also

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Everything goes absolutely perfect except the end when I go to launch button to launch atmosphere I get this everytime

"no main boot entires found...
    You can use the following entry to boot stock or use More configs button for more boot entires.

When I click more configs it says
    "no .ini or boot entires found...
    Check that a .ini file exists in /bootloader/ini/, and that it contains at least one entry

The bootloader file hekate_ipl.ini exists in the bootloader folder

However there is no files in the bootloader/ini folder so I must be missing something in there.

SD card is formatted fat32
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Regular

France
    You need to edit the hekate-ipl.ini and add one or several lines where you specify one or several payloads to be launched from the « launch menu » in Hekate.

Last edited by Maupiti, Oct 20, 2019
  10. Geridious4

Newcomer

Canada
    thank you for your reply I appreciate it, strange that no guide tell's me to do that, if you could help me what to type, i'd really appreciate it as i'm struggling a lot here.

this is the files text code on my SD card, it's labeled hekate_ipl.ini and it opens in notepad program if that helps at all

{------ Atmosphere ------}
    [Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC]
    fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
    kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
    icon=bootloader/res/emu_boot.bmp
    {}
    [Atmosphere FSS0 SYS]
    kip1=atmosphere/kips/*
    emummc_force_disable=1
    icon=bootloader/res/sys_cfw_boot.bmp
    {}
    {-------- Stock ---------}
    [Stock SYS]
    stock=1
    emummc_force_disable=1
    icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

11. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Regular

France
    Îve seen you fixed this issue in another thread. Glad it works for you now.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  12. Geridious4

Newcomer

Canada
    I did thank you for your help, i really appreciated it, definitely a strange fix but a fix none the less haha, cheers eh

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  13. Implode

Implode Newbie
    Newcomer

Slovakia
    Can you please post the whole contents of your working hekate_ipl.ini file ? I am trying to solve the same issue for two hours now but can't figure it out. Please help

14. Geridious4

Newcomer

Canada
    this was my solution on a thread I created that someone suggested and worked for me.
    I just deleted
    hekate_ipl.ini
    patches_template

and kept the
    hekate_ipl

hope this helps

15. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Regular

France
    As Geridious4 wrote, you need a « proper » hekate_ipl.ini . Not one with .txt extension. Choose « show known files extension « on your PC, and you will see which one you have to keep on your sd card

Draft saved Draft deleted