Homebrew Could it be possible an amiibo emulator for the Wii U?

Marcus777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I was wondering if it could be possible an amiibo emulator for the Wii U, I know the Wii U doesn't have too much support lately but I've seen amiibo emulators on the 3ds and switch so I was thinking if someday we can have something like this for Wii U

Reactions: TwoMinutes2319

GeeBeeYaY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I sure hope so. I'm ready for NTAGs,Tagmos,N2s and Whatever's to finally get fully phased out.

3ds has Wumiibo, Switch got Emuiibo. Now it's Wii U's turn!

Reactions: Gunstorm

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already have a working POC for that.
Due to some other projects this has to wait a bit though.

Good news, I will be looking forward the development.

Would it be possible to emulate input from USB devices as well? Let's say, from Lego Dimensions Toy Pad & figurines?
There are also Disney infinity & Skylanders.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good news, I will be looking forward the development.

Would it be possible to emulate input from USB devices as well? Let's say, from Lego Dimensions Toy Pad & figurines?
There are also Disney infinity & Skylanders.
I don't own any of those games or figures so I won't be able to implement that.
My POC basically reimplements the nn_nfp library which is specifically for amiibo.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've thought about using those ntags and the device to emulate amiibos just in general, because I collect amiibos and I don't want to take them out of the package. I did buy a lose bowser amiibo for odyssey, since it can locate purple coins. I found all of them in the game thanks to that amiibo.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few of the ntags I made since I'm a cheapskate and really wanted the MK8 Pacman suit for my Mii character and a few BOTW items. Really easy to do if your phone has NFC but I think Amiibo was wasted on Wii U.

No where near enough reasons to buy them except for ornamental pieces!

Kfkboys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own any of those games or figures so I won't be able to implement that.
My POC basically reimplements the nn_nfp library which is specifically for amiibo.
This is cool :) Have you been able to get any traction on this? The team I've worked with, we were able to emulate the base station for Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions, and Skylanders. You can load them up and use the characters in wii, wii u, ps3, ps4, and ps5.
I'd love to see your POC of this amiibo emu.

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already have a working POC for that.
Due to some other projects this has to wait a bit though.

I saw that you have been busy with a few other incredible projects, but I hope that you will find some time to look at the Amibo emulation on WiiU later on.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Anyone know when Aroma will be released? I recently checked and the dev said they stopped working on it
Sometime in the future.
Maschell said that he will continue developement on Aroma when he regain motivation on working on it. In compensation (kinda), he made some components of Aroma open source now.

Reactions: TwoMinutes2319

marcelorojas21

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
An amiibo emulator on WiiU like wupmiibo for 3ds would be interesting, it would revive some games like animal crossing amiibo, in addition to that the wii u scene is very active

Manuel06p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a working Aroma plugin now. As soon as Aroma releases this will be available.
Hi, sorry if I'm annoying, but I wanted to ask you if your plugin worked with the new aroma environment (I'm really excited about that). Thanks and sorry again if this is a problem. (and also for my english)

Reactions: Kfkboys

Raku3702

Trophies
Website
www.kamowin.com
XP
Country
Spain
I was wondering if it could be possible an amiibo emulator for the Wii U, I know the Wii U doesn't have too much support lately but I've seen amiibo emulators on the 3ds and switch so I was thinking if someday we can have something like this for Wii U
I know 3ds and switch has but idk wii u

Marcus777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, sorry if I'm annoying, but I wanted to ask you if your plugin worked with the new aroma environment (I'm really excited about that). Thanks and sorry again if this is a problem. (and also for my english)
Ofc, the plugin was made for aroma, btw it was released and has been like some hours since it's public

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom