Hacking Corrupted Switch?

Nxz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
A few day ago I got a Switch with Atmosphere pre-installed and some other apps (all updated) from Ebay. It was preloaded with marios and pokemons so I deleted them and put some others through Quark-j8 because the Tinfoil-Nut combination din't work for me. After the installation I left Goldleaf connected to Quark and then I got an error scren, tried to open it again and few min later got the same error. Then I though that maybe rebooting the Switch with fuse-primaru would fix it but how wrong I was. Now it can't pass from the Switch logo (cfw/ofw) so I can't even enter in the recovery mode and the selled din't provide me with any nand backup.

As I'm new into this cfw thing and still I don't understand half of these technicall stuff so to no mess it even more I asked in anothe forum and they helped me to format/re-install atmosphere/sigpatches in another memory card but this din't fix the switch logo freezing error.

I almost gave up before seeing a new trick suggested in another forum; re-connecting the battery. Opening the console was something extreme for me so I did it the different way; I drained the battery enabling the max bright in Hekate, few hour later I charged it up to 10%, injected Fuse and... it did work. Though it prompt freeze screens again when I browse thorugh Goldleaf or put it on sleep mode, softreset still freeze on the switch logo.

Drying the battery each time to run it is very annoying.
Any way to fix it or It's an hardware problem and I'm fucked?

PD; sorry for my engrish.

Last edited by Nxz,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I would recommend getting a good battery first.
It might be so bad that it might show some charge but breaks down whenever too much power is drained from it.
It might also be your power management or battery circuitry freaking out.
The 3DS also had some logic where it wouldn't boot if the battery was too broken.
The RCM mode is a bit different as only the bare minimal systems are activated like memory, screen and the SD card.

If your Switch had water damage, you could try some 99% isopropyl alcohol (not normal alcohol or vodka as that contains water)
to clean the board.
Isoproyl alcohol does not contain any water you won't do any damage to the Switch.
Do disconnect the battery before cleaning.
Let it properly dry though before you reconnect the battery.

Nxz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
I'm not sure if the battery is defective because when I got the Switch worked fine for 3 days until this happened and even now when I boot it with the empthy battery trick I can play for +4h to Zelda with a single charge.
And sorry for the typo, I mean "drained" nod "dried", it doesn't have any moitsure insied.

Fat32 in both mmc.

I hope that somene know how I could fix it because for now I can't use the dock (needs to reset to tv mode), can't put it on sleep mode and if I have to inject the payload when the battery it's full then I have to wait +8h until hekate drains it to 0.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few day ago I got a Switch with Atmosphere pre-installed and some other apps (all updated) from Ebay. It was preloaded with marios and pokemons so I deleted them and put some others through Quark-j8 because the Tinfoil-Nut combination din't work for me. After the installation I left Goldleaf connected to Quark and then I got an error scren, tried to open it again and few min later got the same error. Then I though that maybe rebooting the Switch with fuse-primaru would fix it but how wrong I was. Now it can't pass from the Switch logo (cfw/ofw) so I can't even enter in the recovery mode and the selled din't provide me with any nand backup.

As I'm new into this cfw thing and still I don't understand half of these technicall stuff so to no mess it even more I asked in anothe forum and they helped me to format/re-install atmosphere/sigpatches in another memory card but this din't fix the switch logo freezing error.

I almost gave up before seeing a new trick suggested in another forum; re-connecting the battery. Opening the console was something extreme for me so I did it the different way; I drained the battery enabling the max bright in Hekate, few hour later I charged it up to 10%, injected Fuse and... it did work. Though it prompt freeze screens again when I browse thorugh Goldleaf or put it on sleep mode, softreset still freeze on the switch logo.

Drying the battery each time to run it is very annoying.
Any way to fix it or It's an hardware problem and I'm fucked?

PD; sorry for my engrish.
You shouldn't be using Goldleaf as it is arguably the worst title installer. I recommend using TinWoo Installer instead.

Nxz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
I can't use Goldleaf because after installing kefir the wifi stopped working. After that I tried to reset the switch but I can't boot it anymore (ofw/cfw); it get stuck on the switch logo.
Now I don't know what to do, maybe it can't be fixed and I need to buy a new one?

Last edited by Nxz,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't use Goldleaf because after installing kefir the wifi stopped working. After that I tried to reset the switch but I can't boot it anymore (ofw/cfw); it get stuck on the switch logo.
Now I don't know what to do, maybe it can't be fixed and I need to buy a new one?
Like I said, you shouldn't be using Goldleaf in the first place so you shouldn't be using it ever. Secondly, don't give up so easily because unless you don't want to hack the Switch, finding a replacement is difficult. Thirdly, do you have an eMMC backup?

Nxz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
No, I don't have any backup and the guide that I found for restoring the nand is full off comments about not working. So I don't have any more ideas of how to fix it.

A few day ago I got a contact with a seller who has a brand new 2017 unpatched model for a regular price: So my last alternative is selling this one by pieces and hack the new switch from 0 (making a backkup for the virgin nand)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't have any backup and the guide that I found for restoring the nand is full off comments about not working. So I don't have any more ideas of how to fix it.

A few day ago I got a contact with a seller who has a brand new 2017 unpatched model for a regular price: So my last alternative is selling this one by pieces and hack the new switch from 0 (making a backkup for the virgin nand)
Well...finding an unpatched console for a good price certainly seems like a rare opportunity to come by...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY