Corrupted channels

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TrainerAbu, Oct 18, 2010.

Oct 18, 2010

Corrupted channels by TrainerAbu at 6:52 AM (918 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. TrainerAbu
    OP

Member TrainerAbu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I went to look at my channels on my SD card from the data management on the Wii save data menu thing, and it had three ? channels

So I went to my SD card menu of 17 pages of WiiWare/VC games, and two of them including Cave Story (not the updated one, I didn't get that yet) are both ? channels that say they can't be launched from the Wii, it partially loads glitched graphics for those two channels at first too, but then changes to the ? looking symbol quickly (I found out the other ? question from the channel data menu was Sonic & Knuckles, all of these messed games are ones I've played recently it seems, and I'm on 4.2u)

Is my SD card getting corrupted (perhaps from all the transferring and stuff, I just got a 2TB hard drive so I've been transferring files and stuff a lot recently) or what?

I guess I should back up my SD card's WiiWare/VC data if that works :3 nya

2. TrainerAbu
    OP

Member TrainerAbu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    bump :3 Has anyone else experience this?

Maybe it has to do with the way SD channels are launched on the Wii on 4.2u, or maybe it 100% doesn't and just has to do with my SD card being corrupted a little bit or something. I deleted the corrupted ? channels, but now I'm curious/worried :3.

3. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    All I can think of is backing up the data, reformatting the card with the Panasonic SD Formatter, and then re-downloading the channels from the Wii Shop Channel.

4. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    You have to have enough blocks free in your wii to play the games from sd.
    the games are loaded in the Wii's NAND.
    So if a game need 250 blocks to intall, you still need 250 blocks free in your wii to play the game from SD.

5. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's obviously not the problem...

There's a lot of things it could be, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I would back up my sd card, delete the games from your sd card through the system menu, then uninstall and reinstall it with the wad or anytitle deleter.

6. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Are you installing wads? Or are you downloading from Nintendo?
    Otherwise it could be corrupted wads or corrupted during installation, region.