Corrupted Cartridge Fixer Release

KingCaique

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ran a totally screwed cartridge maybe 4 times, including the holding y version, and it partially fixed it. At this point, I asked my friend for his completely fine copy of the same game and got it as a .cia. How can I update the original card to fix it at this point?

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You sadly cannot, the gamecard nand chips are read-only :(. This tool works is through a built-in refresh mechanism that tries to nudge the data that's already there in the right direction.

You could maybe extract the corrupted files from the .cia and use LayeredFS to get the cartridge working that way on that specific 3DS, but at that point you might as well just install the cia, honestly.

twofoursixeight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my mario kart 7 (CTGP) crashes when I play some of the vanilla tracks, so I am going to run the cartridge fixer one more time to try and fix things.
I did this before, but only once. Twice is a charm, so I will run this again

Reactions: skawo

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this with Yokai Watch 1 but honestly I'm not sure what's wrong with it.
I tried this program and it's currently running another time but it seems it might not be this programs fault but the cart is just shot somehow.
It started with me booting it for the first time in prolly a couple years and it started with no text and whatnot, rebooted my new 2ds xl and took it out put it back in and it works but freezes or crashes on the small cutscenes after a sidequest is finished.
I'll let ya know if it works after another run but so far no luck and seems it's a goner. Fail.

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After it finishes, if it doesn't work, try to run it while holding Y - to enable logging. Want to see how bad the cart has gotten

MCPOBR44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I made an account specifically to thank you for making this piece of code. It saved my copy of Pokemon Y, which was so badly messed up it wouldn't even let me get past the intro screen. Now it seems to work just fine.

I purchased the game on ebay because I wanted to own a legit copy. The previous owner had hacked in a bunch of totally illegit pokemon, to the point where virtually nothing was worth saving. So I deleted the save and tried to start a new one, and that's when my problems started. It would let me pick my language, and then it would crash out with an error screen.

So again, thanks for saving my game. Now I can play the game I missed out on when I was younger.

~BR44

Reactions: skawo

MCPOBR44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I have a copy of Omega Ruby that was too far gone to save. I tried opening the cartridge to reflow the chip with my hot air pencil, and it didn't help. It's stuck on EXEFS, and the current hash stays mostly the same... and changes every minute or two. I'm going to let it run a while longer and see if anything changes, but I don't have high hopes. The 3DS still recognizes it as a copy of Omega Ruby, but it errors out when trying to launch with "can't read cartridge" or somesuch.

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The EXEFS is often the largest file on the cartridge, and thus it takes a while to read back. The hash taking longer than usual to update is to be expected.

Weird how many Pokemon games this affects, though. Wonder why.

Last edited by skawo,

MCPOBR44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EXEFS is often the largest file on the cartridge, and thus it takes a while to read back. The hash taking longer than usual to update is to be expected.

Weird how many Pokemon games this affects, though. Wonder why.
Well I let it run for at least 24 hours, and it's still stuck on the very same hash. I think it's safe to say this one is hosed.

And I'm no expert, but I heard a thing where people hook these pokemon games up to some sort of external device in order to hack in fake pokemon. I also heard this can bork the games. So I think both my copy of Pokemon Y and Pokemon Omega Ruby were treated this way... and only one managed to come back.

But again, I'm no expert. I just want to play the games. I'm a hardware tech, not software.

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Aw, well, that's a shame.

Such devices would only affect the save, I'd think, not the actual program :s

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Datels Power saves device did brick CARD2 games sometimes. No one analyzed what was the cause yet but the games would not boot anymore even when deleting the savegame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty FMA seemed more metaphysical. Like Alchemy was a mysterious comic phenomenon, that...