Corrupted Cartridge Fixer Release

klaudiusz219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just beaten the game using the cart - delta episode included.

After whole playthrough (19h on counter) I’ve run fix one more time, and log shows 22 unrepairable blocks, however everything works (even trading, beauty contests, amie, etc.)

You can count me up, as fully fixed, as far as I’m concerned

Reactions: skawo

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just beaten the game using the cart - delta episode included.

After whole playthrough (19h on counter) I’ve run fix one more time, and log shows 22 unrepairable blocks, however everything works (even trading, beauty contests, amie, etc.)

You can count me up, as fully fixed, as far as I’m concerned
There's no way of knowing if any of the Pokémon, or their shiny palettes, or alternate formes, or whatever random map or game mode or piece of level geometry won't load without it happening. Or comparing a known good dump, I guess.

TeVaACae

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So the only things do we need to paste is gm9megascript and nand manager to the payloads folder??
Sorry there is tm archives in github place... and i dnt understand how to install it...
i have bootstrap9 and luma btw

Last edited by TeVaACae,

TeVaACae

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ye ye.. i noticed early, so i need to put it in luma payloads and select it in luma menu i guess, thanks for all xdd
Post automatically merged:

It doesnt work, 3hours and still in 0% 544000 refresh count in pokemon alpha saphire...

Last edited by TeVaACae,

BumpMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so, my copy of Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold had a high chance of crashing at a specific boss during its transformation scene. Got passed that and then seemed to randomly, but not frequently crash when just exploring this specific floor which led me to research and find this tool and I proceeded with the following steps below:

Ran the verifier and refresher and both came out 100% verified with no issues
Continued playing like normal, but still got a crash
Ran the refresher and verifier again and still passed perfectly with no issues
Verified the update data via the eshop servers and no issues there (but redownloaded anyway)
Played again, but this time, the game crashed every time I visited this specific dungeon floor
Ran the refresher in select mode and the game seemed to be working fine and it stopped crashing when visiting or exploring that specific floor, however, after beating a boss on that floor, the game crashed again.

Can you or someone else explain what's going on here? Is the data perfectly corrupted in a way that still makes it pass hash checks? I'm really confused and this close to just getting a digital version and transferring the save there. I've had no other issues the entire game and I'm close to the end. Cart is 100% legit as far as I know and the update and DLC were obtained legitimately before the eshop closure. No other unofficial hacks or mods are active either.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so, my copy of Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold had a high chance of crashing at a specific boss during its transformation scene.
Have you Googled around to see if anyone else is experiencing a similar crash? Could be some sort of actual bug.

If you're determined to get to the bottom of this, you could perhaps try running the game with the Safety Test active and see if it still crashes? This is usually not recommended, but you seem rather determined.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw#section-iii---safety-test

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My only other guess would be that maybe the update is on the SD card, and it needs reseating, or something?

Saternoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, was trying to check if I can fix my Omega Ruby cartridge, is my cartridge doomed if the log file shows lots of "Unfixable: [address]" on it?

Want to run it a bit more but just made it run overnight and it was still at 1% with barely changes when I woke up...

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"Unfixable" means the hash got stuck more than 20 times, at which point I do think the cart is doomed.
Might be a physical fault, though, see the video by Voultar.

LusoPlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've used this program to successfully(?) fix an 0xd900458b ErrDisp error in a Pokémon Y cartridge. However, everytime I try to verify the cartridge, I get the following error:

Content0 (6B59E000@00004000): Verification failed.

This happened before and after I did the "Fix cartridge corruption".

Last edited by LusoPlayer,
Reactions: skawo

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There's probably still something corrupted, even if the immediate issue cleared out - try running the corruption fixer a few more times - the issue might go away entirely!

Reactions: LusoPlayer

LusoPlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There's probably still something corrupted, even if the immediate issue cleared out - try running the corruption fixer a few more times - the issue might go away entirely!
I've tried it a couple more times. Same result. It's strange, the original ErrDisp error went away, but this problem remains...

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after flooding the market with such lousy game carts
The overwhelmingly vast majority of cartridges have no problems. You can hardly say they "flooded the market".

And besides, doesn't this tool have the potential to wear out a cartridge faster if one uses it too frequently?

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The overwhelmingly vast majority of cartridges have no problems. You can hardly say they "flooded the market".

And besides, doesn't this tool have the potential to wear out a cartridge faster if one uses it too frequently?
Wouldn't wanna tear an unplayable cart

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wouldn't wanna tear an unplayable cart
I mean, you'd probably wind up with people using the tool on perfectly-good cartridges and swearing that the graphics look better or the frame rate is higher or something when the tool just wears out the cartridge faster. Similar things have happened so many times before.

skawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, actually, using the current version on a good cart is no big deal - it would be akin to dumping the cart. It doesn't run anything extra on the blocks that are good.

Playing the game for a a few hours definitely would wear the cart out more than running the tool. Of course, I still wouldn't do it "frequently" or anything - but I think if you have a 3DS collection, running it through the tool once a couple of years is a good idea.
Post automatically merged:

I've tried it a couple more times. Same result. It's strange, the original ErrDisp error went away, but this problem remains...
Try to run the tool while holding Y, and post the logs from /gm9/out.

Last edited by skawo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: smug sonic time lmao