Hacking Corrupted 3ds files and etc.

Acro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recenly tried uprgading and moving my emunand to a larger sized sd card. Apparently a few 3ds files couldn't be moved onto my new one and this has been a big problem. After the first transfer attempt to the best of my abilities it turns out only a few of my games were actually on my new sd card and the others were basically icons. I was wondering if I should just have two seperate emunands with one for each sd card or do something else. The current sd card is a 16gb and the new one is a 128gb. I am on old 3ds using RxTools.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I recenly tried uprgading and moving my emunand to a larger sized sd card. Apparently a few 3ds files couldn't be moved onto my new one and this has been a big problem. After the first transfer attempt to the best of my abilities it turns out only a few of my games were actually on my new sd card and the others were basically icons. I was wondering if I should just have two seperate emunands with one for each sd card or do something else. The current sd card is a 16gb and the new one is a 128gb. I am on old 3ds using RxTools.
Not sure I understand your question given non-Gateway CFW doesn't support .3ds files, and I've never heard of just the icon being installed but not the game (sometimes a game is installed but there's no icon because of ticket.db issues), but, a common problem with SD cards 128GB or greater is that some (all?) CIA installers have problems when the free space is greater than 99GB. Try chucking a few random movies or something onto your card to fill up space before installing games (they can be removed later once you've installed lots of stuff).

Acro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Quantumcat the problem is that when I moved the files the games wouldn't transfer because they were corrupted apparently. If I have more than 100gb of space will BBM just crash when I use it? I was using the h&s injected BBM and it crashed the moment I clicked on it and it deleted from my home menu.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Quantumcat the problem is that when I moved the files the games wouldn't transfer because they were corrupted apparently. If I have more than 100gb of space will BBM just crash when I use it? I was using the h&s injected BBM and it crashed the moment I clicked on it and it deleted from my home menu.

Disappearing from home menu sounds like a signature checking related issue... But at the same time that just seems super odd because you're clearly in CFW. The hs app is installed to the NAND so this would otherwise suggest something went wrong when transferring the emunand.

That said, you could try making save data backups with JKSavemanager for example (if you get that installed ... :\) then entirely formatting the emunand and starting from clean. You can format and re-setup with emunand9 if i remember correctly.

Reactions: Quantumcat

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that BBM can crash if you have more than 100 gigs of free space, but I don't think that's the issue here.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@astronautlevel I have over 100 gigs.

@Favna Is AL9H compatible with 128gb SD card?, if so I would rather set that up from stock firmware.
Any issues that can occur, happen with 100GB free. If you just fill up the ~20 to make it <100GB free, (or you already have >=100GB used) then there should be no issues.

Acro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any issues that can occur, happen with 100GB free. If you just fill up the ~20 to make it <100GB free, (or you already have >=100GB used) then there should be no issues.

I will try this later. I still wanted to know if you can use AL9H with a SD card of 128gb though. Also would it be possible to have two SD cards working , one with RxTools CFW and the other with AL9H.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will try this later. I still wanted to know if you can use AL9H with a SD card of 128gb though. Also would it be possible to have two SD cards working , one with RxTools CFW and the other with AL9H.
why RXtools ? there is literally no point in using it it doesnt even have Proper A9LH support with Firm0/1 protection it doesnt even have tools anymore
You would need to have A9LH on both SD cards

A9LH will work with any SD size the 3DS can currently use

Acro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why RXtools ? there is literally no point in using it it doesnt even have Proper A9LH support with Firm0/1 protection it doesnt even have tools anymore
You would need to have A9LH on both SD cards

A9LH will work with any SD size the 3DS can currently use
Oh. So if I just formatted the SD card to FAT32 I could start the AL9H tutorial?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you go through the bother of setting up A9LH there'd be no need to use rxTools again. Would be like saving up for a Porsche, and after you buy one, still taking the bus sometimes :-p

Reactions: Favna and Acro

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you go through the bother of setting up A9LH there'd be no need to use rxTools again. Would be like saving up for a Porsche, and after you buy one, still taking the bus sometimes :-p
But what if I just want to be an ass and have the porsche be for shows on my parkway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol