Corrupt system files

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ralle1, May 12, 2010.

1. Ralle1
    OP

Ralle1 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Hi i have a wii with the cyclowiz chip.
    Everything have always worked fine. I have HBC installed.
    But now I wanted to play red steel 2 so i had to update the firmware to 4.1E
    and Red steel 2 works but when I have NSMB or Brawl in my drive I get a black
    screen with "System files have been corrupt".
    Some random games still work though. What should I do??

2. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    So it works, but when you insert one of those discs you get the error?

3. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    sounds like you updated and blocked the homebrew. Is the red steel a copy or original disc? and does any of the homebrew stuff work?

4. Ralle1
    OP

Ralle1 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Everything works ( homebrew, nesgames etc) except wiigames. Red Steel 2 is a backup.
    I tried to install 4.2E but I got an error code 32002 or something. How do I reinstall an IOS?

5. WiiHoney

WiiHoney GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    United States
    Before messing around with IOSes, try removing any game save... channel... from wii memory or SD card (MKW saves info in card) for those games that you have a problem with.

Why? Well, why i am using Sneek for testing, every time i got System File Corrupted while trying to play a specific game, i do an elemination process to see what file or folder will fix the problem, and i found out that restoring or removing a file from the "tickets" and/ or "titles" folders usualy fix the problem.

If that doesnt work, then you will have to go with the posts above.

6. Ralle1
    OP

Ralle1 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Mario galaxy 2 worked fine with the backup loader application. But when I insert Brawl it goes direktly to the system files corrupt screen.