Hacking Corrupt Save games?

mfpreach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, I searched the forum a bit and didn't find this problem that common so I decided to make a thread.
I am getting corrupt save games with a few of my games, more specifically Zelda and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney.

I am using a 512MB Lexar SD card, I have formatted with the Panasonic formatter and I am using the most recent Akio firmware.
I don't have a spare SD card at the moment, but have ordered a 4 gig one so I can't trial and error that way, but are there any other tricks to avoid this corrupted save game problem? Or do I need to get the card replaced?
Thanks in advance!

mfpreach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
try the non quick-save default green loading dma mode.

-another world

I tried to find this option in the settings but couldn't. Could you please elaborate?
Thanks.

aKAIO 1.4.1

EDIT: Okay i found this information in the Wiki, you are talking about 'holding X while the game loads' right?

mfpreach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am still getting corrupt saves even while holding 'a' . Mind you this has only occured on three games so far... zelda, new mario and phoenix wright. That being said its very annoying. Could it be the SD card?

mfpreach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know how it could be firmer? I pressed it in until it clicked into place. I am in the process of ordering another sd card we'll see if thats it...its frustration though as it is right now.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
format it again using the panasonic formatter
put on a fresh copy of akaio 1.4.1 proper *repack* - not the one you copy/paste off before your format.
save your globalsettings.ini if you like

or

delete the optionlist.bin in the _aio folder if one exists and then delete the save file so a new save is created.

those are the only two debugging things left that i can suggest besides trying a different msd.

-another world

mfpreach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
format it again using the panasonic formatter
put on a fresh copy of akaio 1.4.1 proper *repack* - not the one you copy/paste off before your format.
save your globalsettings.ini if you like

or

delete the optionlist.bin in the _aio folder if one exists and then delete the save file so a new save is created.

those are the only two debugging things left that i can suggest besides trying a different msd.

-another world

Yeah I did all those things prior to formatting, thanks and I'll let you know if its the msd.

mfpreach

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
did you try running a disk utility on the msd? perhaps it has something wrong with it. on my pc i've had formats not fix problems, oddly.

goodluck!
-another world

Hey bro, thanks for all he help, i bought a new 4gb card locally and I Have been trying to make mario corrupt but hasn't so far, i'm further than I have ever gotten so I think this new mSD works fine, and probably the old one is messed up some how.

Thanks again

geek_power

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just make sure to never have more than 128 files (64 ROMs with their saves) directly in any folder. It is a bug in AKAIO that will never be fixed. As soon as there are more than 128 files in any folder, you get a lot of corrupted files.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
geek_power said:
Just make sure to never have more than 128 files (64 ROMs with their saves) directly in any folder. It is a bug in AKAIO that will never be fixed. As soon as there are more than 128 files in any folder, you get a lot of corrupted files.
He is using a 512mb memory card, I doubt he has more than 64 roms, but I could be wrong.

geek_power

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crass said:
geek_power said:
He is using a 512mb memory card, I doubt he has more than 64 roms, but I could be wrong.
I would be surprised too if he got more than 64 ROMs, but it can be some other kind of files, like text files or pictures, or even MP3s...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious