Hacking Corrupt images on PS3 HDD

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is in relation to PS3 "XMB" incredibly slow after that problem, I ended up deleting everything except for games and saves and stuff like that off my HDD. What I have found out now is that a couple (I think it was about 5) pictures have become corrupt and cannot be deleted with the delete option that is found when pressing the triangle button...So instead of using the format utility and losing all the games that I have received from game sharing, I was wondering if there is a program that will delete it for me like on computers there are many different programs that will delete a file even if it is corrupt, so is there anything like this for the PS3, if not, are there any other ways to delete these without the use of the format utility. P.S:Not an internet problem, does same with no internet.
Thanks in advance​

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard something about rebuilding the database to fix it. I think the problem occurs when you go into a file manager and you start deleting data but you remove an applications main data, so the picture on the xmb no longer relates to any data. Rebuilding will reanalyze what's on your HDD and create a new xmb to reflect it.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similiar problem on my PS3 drive, ended up using the dreaded format utility, and everything was fine again.
Lost ALL my games, saves, etc.....
Luckily, most games were also on my external.....
I could'nt find anything to delete the corrupt file either.
Unless you take it out, connect to PC, and use a file deleter app from there?

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can restore the gamshares as long as you deactivate all the accounts and still have the username/password combo still

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Here goes this is because you started a disc less game they only way to recovery it is go though
the ps3 menu here is how to access the recovery menu
QUOTE said:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.

2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.

3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps

4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.

5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button

6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

From the original Playstation forums
And then
Choose Rebuild Database and you will be fine
smile.gif

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ShinjiX said:
Here goes this is because you started a disc less game they only way to recovery it is go though
QUOTE said:

3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps

5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button

And then
smile.gif

THANK YOU!!! and thanks to all the other people who told me to rebuild database although, you my friend, were the only person who gave me instructions so a big thanks to you! oh and it's fixed =) and thank you to the people who responded.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
gifi4 said:
ShinjiX said:
QUOTE said:

And then
smile.gif

THANK YOU!!! and thanks to all the other people who told me to rebuild database although, you my friend, were the only person who gave me instructions so a big thanks to you! oh and it's fixed =)

No problem =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL