Corpse Party for 3DS is getting localized

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by MisterPantsEyes, Apr 11, 2016.

1. MisterPantsEyes
    OP

MisterPantsEyes GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Laos
    See ESRB: http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=34403&Title=Corpse+Party (AMERICA RELEASE = CONFIRMED)

Isn't it funny? When I asked you guys about a fan translation, a simple favour that would make many people happy, I was subtly told to fuck off. Now XSeed has seen that no one wants to do this small favour, that the community doesn't care about helping each other. XSeed thought "When nobody wants to make a translation, we will do it. We will make the people happy.", and BAM, they did it!

How do you people, who were against me, feel now? Knowing that there's someone who cares about us gamers? Pitiful? Yeah, thought so.

Edit: Btw here's my reaction I wrote when I saw it:

Last edited by MisterPantsEyes, Apr 11, 2016
  2. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    I saw that thread and felt sorry for you and surprised by some comments there.

Really happy for you.

3. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    So, what's the game about?

4. smileyhead

smileyhead Occasional Reporter

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    A group of Japanese school kids fuck up a charm and they end up in a spooky version of their school. They must escape and survive. Most of them doesn't manage to do that.

5. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Ah, yepp that sounds very japanese

smileyhead likes this.
  6. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    good for you buddy. but.

PSP is like dirt cheap now. couldnt you just buy a PSP and buy the game.

i bet the 3DS version will cut all the good bits...

Scarlet likes this.
  7. Yangumasuta

Yangumasuta Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2016
    Canada
    Well, it is rated M (17+) so hopefully censoring will be minimal.

8. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Didn't even know that this came to the 3ds. Shame that the whole thing doesn't seem to be in 3d. I doubt censoring, but hackers could uncensor it.

9. MisterPantsEyes
    OP

Jan 10, 2015
    Laos
    Are you guys insane? It's not getting published by Nintendo, so why should it get censored?

If you'd know me, you'd know that I have a PSP, but I'm not playing on it for good reason.

10. ChaosBoi

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    Knowing XSEED, they rarely ever censor things without good reason. Hell, even the PSP version didn't remove anything IIRC. Though I admit I haven't really played much of their games, the only instance I can recall them doing something like this was removing two monsters from Wild Arms 4 (the first game they've ever localized) that prevented US players from a 100% game as well as unlocking an EX File Key.

11. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    No one knows who you are, nor does anyone care.

Nice that CP will get more exposure. I'll stick to playing it on my vita, but yeah. More platforms is better.

TarkinMX and porkiewpyne like this.
  12. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    Nice I was interested in playing this and I wanted it for the 3ds because it has extra content. It is turning into a good year for visual novels.

13. MisterPantsEyes
    OP

Jan 10, 2015
    Laos
    Was denkst du eigentlich, wer du bist, du Opfer? Jeder weiß wer ich bin, denn im Gegensatz zu dir bin ich eine Person, die gemocht wird. Für dich schreib ich nicht auf englisch, übersetze es selbst. Scheiß Weeaboo.

Last edited by MisterPantsEyes, Apr 13, 2016
  14. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    May 12, 2006
    United States
  15. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Don't think price is an issue with most people here. :P

Last edited by zoogie, Apr 21, 2016
  16. TarkinMX

TarkinMX GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2009
    United States
    I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to agree with him, I've been on this site for a while, I've read a LOT of posts but very rarely ever post myself and unfortunately I don't know who you are either. Should I though? I do now obviously since I've seen this thread but it doesn't give me any insight as to who you truly are. I never would've known that you have a PSP and you didn't mention why you don't play it. Point is, don't assume everyone is supposed to know everything about you and try to be a little nicer about things when replying, not everyone on here is trying to attack you or poke fun at you.

It's cool though that someone is translating a game that you like and I thank you for bringing it to my attention, I think I will try it myself when it's completed. And to anyone that's curious, no I don't own a PSP nor do I have an interest to.