Hacking Core SX - Missing Component?

Hami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please confirm if this component is missing on my Core SX? i have spent the last couple of hours fault finding the install as i keep getting the pink light highlighting a communication problem with the NAND board - Im sure my joints are good so checked over the NAND board and can see this part is missing. Looking at an unboxing video it shows this present and they seem to have the same board number MV1-6 so makes me think it should be there.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2963.jpg
    IMG_2963.jpg
    894 KB · Views: 349
  • Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 19.53.16.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 19.53.16.png
    1 MB · Views: 396

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just checked my SX Core and it's also missing.
On the new versions they removed that chip, so its normal that it's not there.

Helidwarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone please confirm if this component is missing on my Core SX? i have spent the last couple of hours fault finding the install as i keep getting the pink light highlighting a communication problem with the NAND board - Im sure my joints are good so checked over the NAND board and can see this part is missing. Looking at an unboxing video it shows this present and they seem to have the same board number MV1-6 so makes me think it should be there.

Cheers

that part is a usb3.0 chip that was present in preproduction beta units that were sent to beta testers, new versions of the core don't have that component as it is not needed.

Reactions: Hami

Grimlock97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You clearly forgot to plug the nand chip to the connector on the modchip seen on the first picture. The nand chip needs to be plugged to that connector, where you also connect the micro usb port.

Last edited by Grimlock97,

Hami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You clearly forgot to plug the nand chip to the connector on the modchip seen on the first picture. The nand chip needs to be plugged to that connector, where you also connect the micro usb port.

Holy shit! Something so simple - Thought that sx core replaced the nand. Cheers all for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...