Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Features.txt is not so accurate as it does not show GBA (G) or TWL (T) as features of Luma3DS. But after reading it appears no and may be added later. Interesting project.

Fix'd. That was more a derp when documenting than actually intending to leave it out. Accuracy is my aim.

I've moved all the docs to the wiki now.

Last edited by chaoskagami,
Reactions: stl25

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it doesnt work on old3ds i have actived the modules recommended but it reset setting after reboot and say always firm load frigerred

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Just hangs on patching firmware for me. I'll keep playing with it.

Can you enable ''Debug Pauses" in options and just hit A until it hangs, and tell me what the last messages were? I'm going to make an update that logs to the SD so users will be able to provide that, but...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can you enable ''Debug Pauses" in options and just hit A until it hangs, and tell me what the last messages were? I'm going to make an update that logs to the SD so users will be able to provide that, but...
That right there is a cool feature
Code:
Config file loaded
Loadering Firmware...
FIRM triggered.
[kdn!
Failed to decrypt firmware.
This is fatal. Aborting.
patching firmware...
I am using the firmware key from my CakesFW folder.

Last edited by The Catboy,

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
That right there is a cool feature
Code:
Config file loaded
Loadering Firmware...
FIRM triggered.
[kdn!
Failed to decrypt firmware.
This is fatal. Aborting.
patching firmware...

Huh. Odd. It's loading the firmkey, performing aes, and not getting the expected output. Not to mention, it shouldn't be falling through to 'patching firmware...' like that. That's unrelated, though.

Are you 100% sure you're using the correct firmkey for your firmware file?

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Works fine for me, you have to place the firmware file from the CDN as "/corbenik/firmware/native" and the firmkey (which you can find anywhere) as "/corbenik/keys/native.key" (old3DS here btw). However, I found two bugs: first one is that if I didn't place the TWL firmware or the AGB firmware it'd get stuck ("TWL_FIRM\n[!", same for AGB), second one is that it completely locks in "Patching firmware..." (even with all patches disabled)

Overall, great job @chaoskagami! I knew you were gonna have this style of patching, but going with a VM was unexpected.

EDIT: By the way, my native firm decrypted with [kdnesp], if that's useful

Last edited by Wolfvak,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Huh. Odd. It's loading the firmkey, performing aes, and not getting the expected output. Not to mention, it shouldn't be falling through to 'patching firmware...' like that. That's unrelated, though.

Are you 100% sure you're using the correct firmkey for your firmware file?
It's the very same keys from my CakesFW file, which I am running CakesFW right now.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
If you need help setting up or an explanation as to what Corbenik does, you are very obviously not the target audience for this. Save your breath and save OP's time.
Intentionally ignoring questions isn't really helping anyone. At the very least someone could say what the main differences are between Luma and this/Cakes. Then no one would have to ask.

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
It's the very same keys from my CakesFW file, which I am running CakesFW right now.

Okay, then. Weird. Anyways, I have some suspicions as to the issue, so another build will be incoming once I've done some testing.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
just curious, in the op you said you didn't tag smea but he is still tagged?
or you added the tag after editing, and that doesn't alert them or something...?
good work i guess. so it's worthy of a separate cfw and not a pull request to something already existing, i'm no expert :)
good luck

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
just curious, in the op you said you didn't tag smea but he is still tagged?
or you added the tag after editing, and that doesn't alert them or something...?
good work i guess. so it's worthy of a separate cfw and not a pull request to something already existing, i'm no expert :)
good luck

Thanks. Yeah, this isn't a PR type thing, it's more than >80% original.

Okay, then. Weird. Anyways, I have some suspicions as to the issue, so another build will be incoming once I've done some testing.

I think I've found this issue with both @Wolfvak's report as well as the other one, so I'll be uploading another build before I go to bed for the night.

Reactions: Februarysn0w

reallybigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi there, just like to ask something about Corbenik.
Set it up like you said in the readme, renamed the file to native and got it inside the firmware folder along with agb and twl. For the firmkey I renamed it native.key, same goes for the rest as agb.key/twl.key. Managed to get into the config screen, apply a few necessary patches and options to my liking. Tried the firm load and it gave me [__fp] for all 3 native/twl/agb while top screen displaying the native_firm version (11.0) along with agb and twl version. However when i boot firmware, all i receive is a black screen. Using ctrbootmanager9 to boot the payload. Would be great if you can help me out with this. Thanks
PS: Just want to ask whether using native_firm <11.0 is possible with corbenik too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)