Copying save files onto wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jqwest, Jun 5, 2010.

Jun 5, 2010

Copying save files onto wii by jqwest at 7:54 AM (1,274 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. jqwest
    OP

Newcomer jqwest Member

United States
    OK So I had prii loader 4.0 installed on my 4.2 usa wii with usb loader gx....I wanted to copy save files from internet but after some reading found out I needed to get rid of priiloader and install startpatch 4.2.6 So i could copy game save files onto wii.....Ok everything worked perfect but I would like to have priiloader back in case i ever brick my wii and those stupid programs are incompatible, Is there another way of copying those copywright protected save files onto wii without the startpatch 4.2.6 program, so that i could have my priiloader back.....any info would be really helpful thanks

2. jqwest
    OP

Newcomer jqwest Member

United States
    seriously 34 views with no response....any help copying save files onto wii....with startpatch would be wonderful...I really want my priiloader back in case of brick...anybody out there any help??

3. Fox888

Member Fox888 GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    I dont know if this could help you! But try savegame manager gx!

4. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    depending on the format of the save is either use Savegame Manager GX or enable SM hacks in Priiloader to allow copy protected save to be transfered on and off the wii

5. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    I don't understand what you want.

Just use the priiloader/preloader/startpatch hack to remove copy-protection on saves and copy the save you want to/from the wii.

All done.

6. marc_max

Member marc_max GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
  7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    You don't need StartPatch, everything that can be done with StartPatch can be done with Priiloader.

Also, they ARE compatible with each other. You just need to use StartPatch first, then install Priiloader once SM has been patched with StartPatch. But there's no need to have both, uninstall StartPatch patches and reinstall Priiloader is my advice.

8. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    There are some games that won't work with the built in data management screen, such as MH3. For games like those, you'll need to use something like Savegame manager GX.