Gaming Copying PS2 games to PS3 Slim hard drive?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,275
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok, I got a PS3 slim for christmas last year. It really cheesed me off to find out that it doesn't have backwards compatibility, but most of my favourite games aren't available on PSN store. Now, if I ripped the discs to my computer, and copied them to my PS3's hard drive, would they work? Or are the PSN store versions re-encoded for PS3?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It did seem like a bit of a stupid question really, you knew it wasn't backwards compatible so really what were you hoping for

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Either get a PS2 Phat (HDD/Disc/USB loading) or a PS2 slim (Disc/USB loading), both are quite cheap nowadays. Other option is the PS2 emu, though it requires quite a bit from the computer..

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
The only way to make it work is with a Cobra dongle but even then you will be disappointed. The performance is horrible in most games assuming they work at all, memory card access rarely works, and most of the time you must have your controller connected to your PS3 with a USB cable. The pure software PS2 backwards compatibility hasn't been updated since firmware 1.90, believe it or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays