Hacking Converting and decrypting PSX Eboot.pbp's from PSN, on the PS Vita

7ank0v1c

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guy's, the title basically is self explanatory.

Is there a way you can convert and decrypt PSX Eboot.pbp's from PSN, from the PS Vita.

I have a few psx games I bought from PSN and have recently hacked my Vita. Is there a way that I can dump these games (copy em over) and extract the iso and play them on my PC? I managed to find the eboot's, I copied em over and extracted the iso, but it won't play so my guess is they are encrypted?

Any ideas anyone?

Last edited by 7ank0v1c,

7ank0v1c

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
T

You wouldnt happen to know how to extract the PSP games in the same way would you?

PSP emulators should be able to run PSP games in Eboot format just fine (at least PPSSPP can, and I'm pretty sure JPCSP can as well). Or are you wanting to extract native PSP Eboots for modding purposes?

At any rate, no problem.

7ank0v1c

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PSP emulators should be able to run PSP games in Eboot format just fine (at least PPSSPP can, and I'm pretty sure JPCSP can as well). Or are you wanting to extract native PSP Eboots for modding purposes?

At any rate, no problem.

To be honest, they seem to work mostly fine in Ppsspp, but is there a way to extract to iso? Not any particular reason other than seeing which runs better? minor glitches on a couple of games

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To be honest, they seem to work mostly fine in Ppsspp, but is there a way to extract to iso? Not any particular reason other than seeing which runs better? minor glitches on a couple of games
It depends on the game, your specs, and the config you are using. It's an emulation, after all.
PPSSPP runs them pretty smoothly with a few exceptions (mostly certain JP games that can't really benefit from anything the emulator can achieve), and you won't see any notable difference in performance i you were using an .ISO (the eboot itself is just a package, technically). Even if you were to measure it, its something trivial in the end.

If what you want is to play PSX games on PC, you are better off using a PSX emulator, which actual PSX .ISOs. Even though you can extract the .ISOs from the .pkgs from PSN, you could just download the original ripped .ISOs from somewhere else and save yourself the trouble. The same thing happens with PSP ISOs, though for some games you would need the PSN versions as some games didn't have physical copies and you could only get them via PSN.

Well, at least that's my opinion, which could save you a lot of time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1