Convertinf .sa1 into .sav?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by geminisama, Jul 16, 2009.

  1. geminisama
    OP

    geminisama Metsu

    Member
    1,045
    10
    Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    Hey guys. I just got my M3 Real Bundle today, and I put Mother 3 on it. I have been playing it on emulator, and I don't want to start over again. Is there a way to convert the .sa1 into a .sav file that works? I tried simply renaming, but no good there.


    Thanks in advance.
     
  2. Depravo

    Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

    Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    5,237
    3,476
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Would .sa1 be a save state rather than a regular game save file?
     
  3. geminisama
    OP

    geminisama Metsu

    Member
    1,045
    10
    Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    I don't think it would be, as I only use ingame saving. But I just loaded Mother again, and now it recognizes the save. Weird..but this can be closed now.
     
  4. geminisama
    OP

    geminisama Metsu

    Member
    1,045
    10
    Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    Hmm, I'm having issues again. My save randomly disappeared, so I reverted to the original save file for this game. But now it won't recognize my .sa1 renamed .sav, at all. I tried loading atleast 10 times. So I'm asking again... is there anyway to convert a .sa1 into .sav, or some other method to fix this?

    Sorry for the double post, too.
     
  5. nitrozz

    nitrozz GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    237
    9
    May 5, 2009
    Portugal
  6. geminisama
    OP

    geminisama Metsu

    Member
    1,045
    10
    Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    Thanks alot bro, that counts as my first birthday present. XD

    Edit: Ehh, this does me no good. This turns .sav/.dat files into .0, or .is0. I need to turn the .sa1 from VGBALINK, into a working .sav that my GBA expansion recognizes.

    Edit 2: Once again, it has been fixed. This time I had to rename the Mother 3.sa1 into Mother 3.sav. I then got normal VBA, loaded the game, and saved, so it was a "new" .sav, as opposed to renamed .sa1. I then put it on my cart, patched it, and it's fixed.
     
  7. nitrozz

    nitrozz GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    237
    9
    May 5, 2009
    Portugal

    sorry my mistake [​IMG]
     
  8. geminisama
    OP

    geminisama Metsu

    Member
    1,045
    10
    Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    No worries, atleast you attempted to help. [​IMG]