Hacking Convert saves region from eu to us ?

Shajk00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm struggling trying to find a solution to this, if ever exists.
Basically I'd like to transfer my infamous ss eu save file to a us version of the game, I've been searching on the web and the only tool I could find was save wizard. Is there an option though HEN or a free tool to recompile the save with a modified region?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm struggling trying to find a solution to this, if ever exists.
Basically I'd like to transfer my infamous ss eu save file to a us version of the game, I've been searching on the web and the only tool I could find was save wizard. Is there an option though HEN or a free tool to recompile the save with a modified region?

There will be save tools soon, but until some people leak those keys I know they have: we have to wait.

Afaik the reason is that once save keys are properly out in wild Sony will change them.

Shajk00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There will be save tools soon, but until some people leak those keys I know they have: we have to wait.

Afaik the reason is that once save keys are properly out in wild Sony will change them.
Oh nice, and what about a free pc tool, does it exist or we need to wait aswell?

sam661337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm sorry, I would like to know why we (those who doesn't want to connect to PSN) can't use Save Wizard to convert game save's region. Can anybody explain? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sam661337,

sam661337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I don't know if this is a well-known methods, but I was able to use save file of Stardew Valley US version in EU version by doing these (and so far I haven't encountered any problems):

- make sure that the save folder of EU version already exists in /user/home/XXXXXXXX/savedata/CUSA06829. If it isn't there, then start the game first (until it reaches main menu and then close it).
- copy both save files (.bin and the corresponding main save file) from the US version's save folder to the EU version's (overwrite).
- copy the /system_data/savedata/XXXXXXXX/db/user/savedata.db file to PC and edit the column `free_blocks` in row/record of CUSA06829 to match exactly like the US version's (CUSA06840) (maybe if there are other columns that are differ in EU and US, you may have to edit it to make it the same as US)
- copy back the newly edited savedata.db file to /system_data/savedata/XXXXXXXX/db/user/ (overwrite).
- then start the EU game.

For the record, the EU version is 1.20 and the US version is 1.04 (or 1.03 I forgot). Maybe it works because the structure (or whatever) of the save file of Stardew Valley between regions are the same, I don't know if it will work in other games.

Shajk00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if this is a well-known methods, but I was able to use save file of Stardew Valley US version in EU version by doing these (and so far I haven't encountered any problems):

- make sure that the save folder of EU version already exists in /user/home/XXXXXXXX/savedata/CUSA06829. If it isn't there, then start the game first (until it reaches main menu and then close it).
- copy both save files (.bin and the corresponding main save file) from the US version's save folder to the EU version's (overwrite).
- copy the /system_data/savedata/XXXXXXXX/db/user/savedata.db file to PC and edit the column `free_blocks` in row/record of CUSA06829 to match exactly like the US version's (CUSA06840) (maybe if there are other columns that are differ in EU and US, you may have to edit it to make it the same as US)
- copy back the newly edited savedata.db file to /system_data/savedata/XXXXXXXX/db/user/ (overwrite).

For the record, the EU version is 1.20 and the US version is 1.04 (or 1.03 I forgot). Maybe it works because the structure (or whatever) of the save file of Stardew Valley between regions are the same, I don't know if it will work in other games.
I will try this, thanks!

AbP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you mean by free_blocks the numbers that are after "CUSA06840"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive