convert 1st backup loader disc iso to wbfs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by d-a-v, Mar 26, 2010.

1. d-a-v
    OP

d-a-v Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    i have a bunch of dvd's ,that i did when the 1st backup loader was made. can they be dump to usb and played from a usb loader such as wiiflow?

2. Dante Wolfe

Dante Wolfe Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2010
    United States
    I think you'd have to redump them with Super Dump (1.3 is the current version i think). After redumped convert them from bin to iso then iso to wbfs format.

3. Riicky

Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2009
    United States
    Reading,Pennsylvania
    Just start up wiiflow,put your backup in the wii, and install it to your HDD..it's that easy

4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    if they're backups already, u can rip them directly to your hard drive using wii backup manager (it even has batch mode, where it prompts u for a new disk after each rip)

alternatively, u could rip them using your PC and a program like imgburn to get an ISO

5. Skizzo

Skizzo Banned

Banned
    May 1, 2009
    United States
    You think? FFS, why not wait until someone who knows what they're talking about can help before you go suggesting something that is a complete waste of fucking time. There's no reason to have to convert anything before putting them onto the USB device; they can be copied over directly using either the Wii/USB loader or a PC and one of the 'game managers' out there.

6. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Are you sure the loaders and wbfs managers support decrypted discs? I know they support 1:1 discs, but i think i haven't heard yet of decrypted disc support for them.

For any coders who want to add it, see NeoGamma's disc loading code to see at least a part of the differences between both formats.

7. hackotedelaplaqu

hackotedelaplaqu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2009
    France
    You're talking about first generation decrypted backups, is it ?

Here is the solution :
    - Make iso with imgburn
    - drag'n drop iso in "bunpatcher" tool (search gbtaemp DL here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EVMFMMLB) - or use command lines.
    - now your iso is clean and works with any wbfs tool.

Please note bunpatcher works with single DL decrypted isos only.

8. d-a-v
    OP

d-a-v Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    thanks for the help, i will try bunpatcher..with img burn