Controller Recommendations?

W0rmy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I've got a couple of third-party controllers but non seem to reconnect when I just power them back on nor turn on the console. I have to use the joycons and then add the controller there.

I'd like something that could reconnect as a minimum when I turn the console back on - if it can change it from standby to on then that would be amazing. Is it just the Pro controller that can do this? Is there any other controller that can do it? I've seen MissionControl and I do have other official controllers so wondered if that could do what I want?

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8-Bitdo SN30 Pro Plus or Pro 2
Can't go wrong with these.
GuliKit King Kong 2 Pro seems to be the best controller currently available for Switch (can also be used on PC/Android/iOS/MacOS, in the future probably on PS/XBOX as well), and no drift issues!
Going to have to check this out too.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GuliKit King Kong 2 Pro seems to be the best controller currently available for Switch (can also be used on PC/Android/iOS/MacOS, in the future probably on PS/XBOX as well), and no drift issues!
Had this for a few days. It is the only third party controller I know of that can wake the Switch from sleep and read amiibos.

It's lighter than the 8bitdo controllers but feels well built. They clearly moddled it off the xbox elite controllers and used the more modern xbox style controller layout with Nintendo button labels. There is also a config option to swap the button inputs to the xbox layout.

Sticks, Bluetooth, and motion feel excellent. Autofire and input recording also work well. I would prefer some illuminated feedback for autofire being engaged. Sometimes I forget it's on until strange inputs happen. I haven't been able to identify it and maybe it's just getting used to a new controller but the autofire seems to be slightly slower to react than the 8bitdo. With the 8bitdo controllers I can tap the button very quickly with autofire on and still get the button input to trigger. With the KK2 Pro the input is missed if I do this. It requires a fractionally longer button press to send the input. This goes away if I turn off the autofire. The mechanical button switches also feel like they need a firmer push to activate than the 8bitdo, I'm going to give them some more play hours to see if I get used to it or they loosen up with use. The Z triggers are fantastic and the L/R buttons are snappy but do require a bit more travel than I'm used to. The D-pad also seems to require more force than the 8bitdo. I find myself accidentally lifting off the dpad more often than I like. Overall an impressive piece of equipment.

AstronomerOfNyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had this for a few days. It is the only third party controller I know of that can wake the Switch from sleep and read amiibos.

It's lighter than the 8bitdo controllers but feels well built. They clearly moddled it off the xbox elite controllers and used the more modern xbox style controller layout with Nintendo button labels. There is also a config option to swap the button inputs to the xbox layout.

Sticks, Bluetooth, and motion feel excellent. Autofire and input recording also work well. I would prefer some illuminated feedback for autofire being engaged. Sometimes I forget it's on until strange inputs happen. I haven't been able to identify it and maybe it's just getting used to a new controller but the autofire seems to be slightly slower to react than the 8bitdo. With the 8bitdo controllers I can tap the button very quickly with autofire on and still get the button input to trigger. With the KK2 Pro the input is missed if I do this. It requires a fractionally longer button press to send the input. This goes away if I turn off the autofire. The mechanical button switches also feel like they need a firmer push to activate than the 8bitdo, I'm going to give them some more play hours to see if I get used to it or they loosen up with use. The Z triggers are fantastic and the L/R buttons are snappy but do require a bit more travel than I'm used to. The D-pad also seems to require more force than the 8bitdo. I find myself accidentally lifting off the dpad more often than I like. Overall an impressive piece of equipment.
Some of the newer powerA controllers can wake the console. I have an animal crossing one that can. It's not a stellar controller, but that was the thing that sold me on trying it (beyond just the price point). I believe it's all of the "enhanced" powera wireless controllers that can wake the console, but it's always best to check reviews for the specific controller you're looking at.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs