Control Wii U through homebrew?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by pat277, Dec 15, 2014.

1. pat277
    OP

pat277 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    Is it possible through 3DS homebrew? I fell as this may be possible because it has nearly the same controls, but also impossible because of the amount of latency (especially audio) and scaling of the Wii U screen. At least you can make the 4 buttons (ZL, ZR, LS, RS) and the right stick movement on the touch screen and switch to the screen on the bottom for touchscreen controls, while constantly showing the gamepad screen on the top.

Also, Would it be possible to fake a Pro controller or a Wii Remote through 3DS homebrew? and also make it work in VWii (the Wii remote part)? I feel like its possible only because you can use the touch screen to simulate the pointing

Lastly, Would it require a custom DS/3DS game cartridge to do? One that would enable bluetooth?

:yayu::yaynds:

2. phanteon

phanteon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    3ds doesn't even have Bluetooth

Deboog and titegtnodI like this.
  3. titegtnodI

titegtnodI Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    Canada
    Simple answer: No.
    Less simple answer: No, 3DS doesn't have blutooth anyways, and anything beyond that would require at the very least a userland exploit (on the WiiU), but more realistically a kexploit (on the WiiU).

4. pat277
    OP

pat277 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    Canada

I said custom game cartridge. One that could enable bluetooth would count under game cartridge. I needed to be a bit more specific.

5. Melon__Bread

Melon__Bread ~It's A Magik~

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Still does not change the lack of exploit for Wii U

6. titegtnodI

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    Canada

I guess it's theoretically possible, sorta. Not something we'll be seeing anytime soon though.

7. Hiccup

Hiccup GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2009
    It may not have bluetooth, but it does have wireless functionality, which the Wii U could receive.

But it is likely that the amount of control Wii U homebrew has over the console is too little.

EDIT:
    Lack of exploit...?

8. pat277
    OP

pat277 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    Canada

Great. so the next time my gamepad breaks and I don't have $100 I'm doomed

9. titegtnodI

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    Canada

Right now only the vWii is exploited publicly.

Oh you were talking about the gamepad, for some reason I was thinking pro controller. I'd say you'd be waiting a very long time, maybe forever for such a feature. Just take good care of your gamepad, and if you're that worried about it, simultaneously put money away in a "rainy day" fund.

10. Hiccup

Hiccup GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2009
    What about the browser exploit?

11. titegtnodI

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    Canada

I gapped on that. If his WiiU is vulnerable to the browser exploit then maybe one day. AFAIK though, interfacing with the WiiU Gamepad is an entirely different RE project though, that nobody has taken interest in. Nintendont doesn't even support it.

12. FPSRussi4

FPSRussi4 Clean up your act and cut the crap.

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    Browser exploit wouldn't give you privileges you need I don't believe, and no one really wants to develop for it since there isn't much you can do with it.
    Also, custom cart with bluetooth? Okay.......
    Your best bet at the moment is that kernel exploit for Wii U and the fact that you can connect the 3ds as a controller for smash U.

13. jamieyello

jamieyello Professional Dumbass

Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    If the Wii U was cracked open, maybe it could be modified to send the gamepad screen to the 3ds over wi-fi, and the 3ds controls back to the Wii U?

The better question is what possible use would something like this even have?

14. pat277
    OP

pat277 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    Canada

Whatever I want. Maybe to control Netflix Wii U with my 3DS, Because I can't find my Gamepad, To play Wii U games, ETC.

15. pat277
    OP

pat277 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    Canada

Yea-no. I have a family that constantly uses it. I take care of it, but that wont stop my family. EVER. My first & only Ipod touch was smashed by my family "by accident" (LOOOONG STORY). Stuff that's not hidden away tends to break in my house :(. And I want it MAINLY because I have no chargers in my house for it. I'm in CANADA, where there is only one charger cord being sold in canada. (Gamestop/EBgames)

16. titegtnodI

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    Canada

I also live in Canada, you can buy a charge cord on Nintendo's website (my friend's bunny destroyed mine).

17. pat277
    OP

pat277 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    Thanks :). Also, my first broken charger cord involves a puppy. 3 days after i got it too :(. All i had was NSMBU that didn't require the gamepad

18. AndrewPH

AndrewPH Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    Gamepad doesn't use Bluetooth to communicate with the WiiU.

It uses a direct wifi connection between the WiiU and itself.

19. pat277
    OP

pat277 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    Canada

Thats why I even posted this :). The people in failoverflow already announced this was through WiFi (that and the point they hacked it to work for PC through wifi)

20. titegtnodI

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2014
    Canada
    Apparently it's modified WiFi. In what way is it modified? Do we know yet?