Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From GoNintendo.

• 20th Anniversary Virtual Museum – this museum provides a virtual history of the Contra franchise since the early 80’s, including box art, screen shots and information on every version of Contra from the US, Japan and Europe. The museum also features an unlockable gallery of bonus art.
• Unlockable Games – The NES versions of the classic Contra and Super C are now unlockable.
• 5 unlockable characters, including the Probotector from the European version of the Contra games
• 2 unlockable digital comic books from longtime Contra artist, Atsushi Tsujimoto
• An interview with noted Contra Producer Nobuya Nakazato

Set after the events of Contra III: Alien Wars, Contra 4 follows hardened mercs Bill Rizer and Lance Bean into battle against a new extraterrestrial threat, complete with larger-than-life-action, massive enemies, fast paced run ‘n’ gun combat and mind blowing set pieces. The unique dual screen presentation of the Nintendo DS™ allows for frantic action and mammoth boss encounters, and a grappling hook allows players to access hard to reach areas, or dodge that pesky attack from a foe.

Contra 4 features a variety of game modes, including 40 Challenge Modes that will test the limits of even the best Contra veterans, as well as full cooperative play through the main story mode, where two players can take up the fight for mankind and destroy the evil forces of the Black Viper.

Release date November 13th

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
• Unlockable Games – The NES versions of the classic Contra and Super C are now unlockable.

Contra 4 I am now more in love with you than ever!

Lupigen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"• Unlockable Games – The NES versions of the classic Contra and Super C are now unlockable."

The only way they could make this any better would be if they allowed download play multiplayer for these games.

It's sounding like a must-have game so far, props to WayForward and Konami.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"• Unlockable Games – The NES versions of the classic Contra and Super C are now unlockable."

The only way they could make this any better would be if they allowed download play multiplayer for these games.
How about if they were done with the Contra 4 engine?
wub.gif

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course I'm excited for the C4 but I am also anxious to see how they emulate the NES versions. We know what NES games look like on the DS, I wonder how they resized the game. Hopefully it looks good and not squished or missed every other line.

No mention of WiFi?

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course I'm excited for the C4 but I am also anxious to see how they emulate the NES versions. We know what NES games look like on the DS, I wonder how they resized the game. Hopefully it looks good and not squished or missed every other line.Â

No mention of WiFi?
When it was announced they mention wi-fi co-op but theres no logo on the boxart so it looks like its multicart only I'm afraid.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got a feeling this will be the best contra in years. Got a feeling they're gonna do it right and make it very fun. Co-op will rock out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.