OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
randomgaming.tk
XP
Country
Canada
here are some contour drawings of various scenes from my march break vacation in cuba

I decided to keep the background of the lizard due to its simple nature.

all of these drawings where done for a class summative and where completed in less than a week (on and off work)

note: I am by no means professional, please dont hate upon me, I've just got some experience with photoshop.

enjoy
happy.gif

104copysmall.jpg

71copy.jpg

93copysmall.jpg

82copy.jpg

in retrospect; I should have told imageshack to resize to 640x480 :/

:edit I fixed these links to ones from photobucket

vapour99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
randomgaming.tk
XP
Country
Canada
hah that would be awesome, but alot of work.

the drawings was compiled into a comic strip though; ill post that when i have some time (imageshack being the bother that it is)

here is the higher res one you requested, its 14 megs (you may want to up the contrast a bit)

http://www.mediafire.com/?kdaa0jdoefm

that was done over an image of a turtle farm open to tourists in cuba.

...as a side note, I liked the lizard the best

edit::

here is the actual photo (better for a background), only 2 megs.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=bxjohd3rojd&thumb=4

vapour99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
randomgaming.tk
XP
Country
Canada
well, I've had bad experiences with forum graphics sections, usually stuck-up people who down anything that's not theirs and who are hard on newcomers
dry.gif

I added photobucket links as it seems that the imageshack links are not showing up properly.... weird

and thanks for the positive comments; I'll have to make more (throw me some pics I can use if you want)

RyukeDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
vapour99 said:
well, I've had bad experiences with forum graphics sections, usually stuck-up people who down anything that's not theirs and who are hard on newcomers
dry.gif

I added photobucket links as it seems that the imageshack links are not showing up properly.... weird

and thanks for the positive comments; I'll have to make more (throw me some pics I can use if you want)
Personally I really disliked the sharp contrast of a gradient to the flat color of the background in both the second and third images. For the most part it looks like your dark gradient color was too dark, a more subtle gradient may look better. It's not as pronounced in the fourth image, but it's still present, and it looks like you used black as your shade color in this one.
First image was pretty good except for the capless gate.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I love the first one
smile.gif
But I must confess, I can't tell what the 4th one is :S

Imageshack is often a bit flakey, any time I've seen an image time out around here it's always from their servers. I assume they're just rubbish
smile.gif

vapour99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
randomgaming.tk
XP
Country
Canada
its a becached ship,

and @ryuke, I wasent satisfied either, they where done in a short time. Personally, I dont like to contrast on the 2nd and 3rd ones, the lizard is my fav =P

the problem was caused by my using the colours from the actual pictures. its very sunny inn cuba = washed out images.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: