Homebrew Continuous Bad Block in NAND Backup

SuperMew98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody. I'm new to the forums, and I have a question for anyone that can help me. I recently noticed that when backing up my Wii's NAND, I was getting a notification that BootMii had corrected page 94781 (the bad block). This is the only bad block on my Wii, and for some reason, even though BootMii claimed to correct it, it still remains each time I make a NAND backup. My Wii seems to work fine, except it kind of worries me that it may branch off into more problems along the way.

If anyone knows what it is or what I should do, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
SuperMew98

megatokyo500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When bootmii says it corrected a block, it means there's an error with the data on the NAND but it was corrected in memory after reading. The corrected data doesn't get written back to the NAND, it gets written to the backup file. It would get written to the NAND if you restored the backup, but it's a bit excessive to rewrite the whole NAND just to fix one block that doesn't really have anything wrong with it anyway.

Reactions: Coto

SuperMew98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny that you said it's a bit excessive to rewrite the NAND just for one block, because I already did :lol:. I'm not worried anymore, but it still persists.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's funny that you said it's a bit excessive to rewrite the NAND just for one block, because I already did :lol:. I'm not worried anymore, but it still persists.
Yeah, it's a mini-section of memory that's basically broken. It's normal to have a few of those, as others have said. You can do nothing about it, but it won't harm your Wii or spread or anything. It should show as a black square instead of a green one in the visual thingy. My Wii has like 12 of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1