Contact Issue Fix?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by loopyeyes, Apr 18, 2010.

Apr 18, 2010

Contact Issue Fix? by loopyeyes at 10:13 PM (582 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. loopyeyes
    OP

Newcomer loopyeyes Member

United States
    I bought an AceKard 2i a while back, and I didn't have too many problems with it. Recently while I've been playing some games, the screen would suddenly freeze while the music kept playing, this happened rarely so I wasn't too worried about it. Now this past week the card has been acting up like crazy and it freezes about every 20 or so minutes. I searched for a fix and read about the paper trick so I decided to try it, no luck. It still manages to freeze the game (yet keep the music playing).

So I was wondering if there's going to be a new AceKard 2i Flashcart released that fixes the contact problem, and if so when it will be released.

OR

Is the problem I'm having completely unrelated to contact issues.

Thanks!

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If it's a contact issue, it's likely there would have been times the Acekard wasn't present in the DSi/ DSL menu when when is inserted into the cart slot.

Contact guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103

Try removing & inserting then powering on a few times. If it's always present in the menu but still freezes in games it's more likely to be a MicroSD/ MicroSD card contact issue. Make sure you formatted the MicroSD card with the Panasonic SD Formatter.

3. loopyeyes
    OP

Newcomer loopyeyes Member

United States
    There have been times when it wasn't present on the DSi home screen, but now it just freezes, and after I softreset everything is back to normal. So maybe it is the SD card and not the flashcart. Thanks for clearing some of this up.