Almost!
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States

Consumers in a recent study said they plan to spend more on gadgets and electronics during the 2010 holiday season than they did last year. On the flip side, a large percentage of the same consumers also said they’d be spending less than they did in 2009 on travel.
[/p]

QUOTE said:
According to data gathered by electronics marketplace Retrevo, gadgets in general, but especially tablets, are topping holiday wish lists.

Retrevo polled 1,000 U.S. consumers in October to gather the data. Retrevo found that the recession is factoring into spending choices this year, and no vertical in the study suffered more than travel. Between 17% and 23% of consumers polled said they’d spend less on things like clothing and electronics this year, but a full 28% said they planned to spend less on travel.

This seems understandable to us; while visiting family or going on vacation can make for memorable holidays, travel can also quickly become one of the most big-ticket items in a holiday budget, making it a prime candidate for the chopping block.

On the other hand, many of these consumers said they’d actually planned to spend more than they did in 2009 on certain items. This is the area where electronics saw the biggest lift. Around 165 of the respondents said they would spend more on gadgets than they did last year.

Another interesting finding of the study was that tablets are shaping up to be this year’s most popular gadget. When asked what devices they planned to purchase, more consumers said they’d buy an iPad or other tablet than any other type of device.

tablet-holiday.png

icon11.gif
Source

Oh, I'm guilty of it.
rolleyes.gif

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was bound to happen, with tech being more "essential" to the masses.... and while travel tends to be a gigantic headache with the high costs and a bunch of regulations and inspection. Now to wait for the machine revolution to happen
laugh.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wow...and here I was thinking people love to travel, but no...it's turning into a machine world...Zion?? Matrix?? Run people!! Wait what?? I think I better run away from here, people have taken the Red Pill!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Happy birthday!