Hacking Constellation DS

Kano-Okami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a few cards that don't quite work well with this card in particular. A few known culprits are:

Constellation DS - blank screens
Meteora - blank screens
Super Smash Bros Rumble - won't load

I've been to Meteora's official thread and downloaded a lighter version that worked and I can't get iDeaS to load SSBR which makes me think it's a lost cause, but Constellations works just fine in iDeaS, ... I just wish I could say the same about my TTDS. Does anyone know a way to remedy the reason why it won't load? or better yet, How to PATCH TTDS games so they can be launched from other game launching homebrews?

Any tips/help is always appreciated.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kano-Okami said:
There's a few cards that don't quite work well with this card in particular. A few known culprits are:

Constellation DS - blank screens
Meteora - blank screens
Super Smash Bros Rumble - won't load

I've been to Meteora's official thread and downloaded a lighter version that worked and I can't get iDeaS to load SSBR which makes me think it's a lost cause, but Constellations works just fine in iDeaS, ... I just wish I could say the same about my TTDS. Does anyone know a way to remedy the reason why it won't load? or better yet, How to PATCH TTDS games so they can be launched from other game launching homebrews?

Any tips/help is always appreciated.

bit of research would of found you ..

Flashcart OS: Slot-1 Edition 2.0

this will allow Super Smash Bros Rumble to work on DSTT/TTDS cards
smile.gif

it may allow the other two applications to load too
smile.gif

Kano-Okami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, kobykaan..

I have found yet another OS that fails to launch games on my NDS. I installed not only Flashcart OS 2, but 2.1 aswell and both yeilded shotty results. Both Flashcart OS did not load anything but themself, which leads me back to the question
how do I patch games for the TTDS?

Another question to the masses, has anyone else sucessfully launched Constellations DS on their respective toptoy DS cart?

kobykaan, is there anything special that I missed? I followed the readmes but I assume they would have to be DLDI patched prior to work.
A step-by-step would be greatly appreciated.

Kano-Okami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finally learned how to patch .nds games for the TTDS and still no effect on these games that I have forementioned. I've tried a few different launching apps from the CART OS and all the way to Moonshell and even DSOrganize and all of them don't really launch much aside from a few other homebrews.

Not that it mattered much, Constellations 0.8.0 is unpatchable, which is kind of weird.. (broken possibly?)

DS Constellation is a beautiful looking program that runs well under my iDEAs on my PC, so it's worth the extra effort to make it work. I just don't know what that effort is.. Anyone else get the games that I mentioned working that I first posted?

And a question to Kobyaan. On your TTDS, are you using a SD card or a SDHC card? I believe there's a certain loading incapability with SDHC that I've noticed with other homebrews (new moonshell is buggy with them) and I've considered that might be a problem.

Hitcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Kano-Okami said:
And a question to Kobyaan. On your TTDS, are you using a SD card or a SDHC card? I believe there's a certain loading incapability with SDHC that I've noticed with other homebrews (new moonshell is buggy with them) and I've considered that might be a problem.
I've found this to be the case as well when I tried to get Tower Defence working for my son.

QUOTE(Hitcher @ Jan 19 2009, 11:11 AM) 4GB SDHC (FAT)

Patched + DSision - Fail
Patched + DSOrganize (Chishm loader) - Fail
Patched + DSOrganize (Mighty Max loader) - Fail
Non-patched + DSision - Fail
Non-patched + DSOrganize (Chishm loader) - Fail
Non-patched + DSOrganize (Mighty Max loader) - Fail

4GB SDHC (FAT32)

Patched + DSision - Fail
Patched + DSOrganize (Chishm loader) - Fail
Patched + DSOrganize (Mighty Max loader) - Fail
Non-patched + DSision - Fail
Non-patched + DSOrganize (Chishm loader) - Fail