1. a1user

OP a1user Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm using luma 6.6 + a9lh on n3ds. However, any homebrew .3dsx files I try to launch cause the app to freeze, making me hard reboot the 3ds. The app will load fine, and can select files / navigate directories. This is the only issue I have with my system, as pretty much everything else seems to work / load. I tried this both on 11.2 w/ hblauncher 1.2 and auto download of the payload (also manually downloaded the payload too), and just recently 11.3 with hblauncher 1.3 with auto download of the new payload for 11.3. I do not believe it to be sd card corruption as I have tried on 2 different sd cards, one fat32 and one fat64 formatted.

Any ideas what might be causing it?

2. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    update to a nightly or use Soundhax.

3. a1user

OP a1user Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I had tried updating to the latest hourly of luma in luma updater and tried, still freezing.

And for Soundhax, I had already updated to 11.3 to try and test the new HBL Launcher and payload. Now Soundhax doesn't work for me, just crashes the sound app.

I have never tried soundhax on this system before - I added luma long before soundhax was created, so I couldn't say for sure if this previously worked. However I did just add luma to a 2ds recently with it and that seemed to work fine.

Last edited by a1user, Feb 12, 2017
  4. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    redownload the otherapp.bin, new payloads are out.
    here, freshly compiled of teh latest commit. (Works for me but if it still freezes you just use soundhax + updated otherapp.bin )

Attached Files:

5. a1user

OP a1user Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you for the replies and the file. I'm out of time tonight to mess around with this - I'll try and continue tomorrow if I can and post the results.

6. a1user

OP a1user Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just downloaded the version I needed of otherapp - made sure it was the correct version for my system. Also had installed the latest commit you up'd. Still freezing.

I was able to get the *hax loaded through Soundhax (my fault, didn't have the otherapp.bin set up correctly for Soundhax). I am using the 2017-02-10 20:48:03 version. The first time it launched, it froze at a white screen on the bottom. Upon a 2nd load, it went past the white screen and hung on the yellow screen. After making a few attempts I was able to access the launcher with Soundhax, but the same freezing issue still occurs as with the hblauncher app upon launching a .3dsx file.

Last edited by a1user, Feb 13, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - hblauncher, constant, freezing