Hacking Console will not boot into RCM mode.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what I do, it just doesn't work. I have the jig inserted, holding down volume up and power. It just boots the switch normally. I've tried it with the left joycon on and off, plugged and unplugged. Nothing boots this thing into RCM. Ideas?

Bizzarro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Probably your jig is not making contact with the pins.
try making some manual adjustments to the jig, such as raising the pins slightly

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a less crappy jig, or use a paperclip

If it's not working, it just means it's not properly touching the right pins
How can you tell if the jig is "crappy"? I just bought the one with the most purchases and highest rates on Ebay. Seems like it works for everyone else.

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure the pins lift a little off the surface of the jig they're just not making contact. Then ensure you're holding + and then power. That's it.

Reactions: mcmrc1

mcmrc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just bend the jig pins a little... I had the same problem with my jig...

See picture. I used a very small screwdriver under the pin and with my fingers i bend it down. So you have a little bend it up in zhe middle of the pin... sry not native english here cant explain it better :)

Bend both pins !

Attachments

• 20180610_080545.jpg
    20180610_080545.jpg
    884.6 KB · Views: 553
Last edited by mcmrc1,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Use a piece of tinfoil to bridge pins 10 and 9. This ALWAYS works for me 100% of the time. However this will make your left joycon not be detected as being docked though it will still charge and function

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter what I do, it just doesn't work. I have the jig inserted, holding down volume up and power. It just boots the switch normally. I've tried it with the left joycon on and off, plugged and unplugged. Nothing boots this thing into RCM. Ideas?

Happened with me as well. Used a pocket knife to carefully bend the pins upwards a bit. Worked after that.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried bending the pins up, but it's still wonky. It no longer boots directly up and the screen stays black, but after plugging in the USB it boots normally. How do I know if it's touching the right pins? Can't exactly see..

Edit: Sometimes plugging it in doesn't boot and it stays black. However the webFG doesn't recognize it, so it isn't in RCM.

Last edited by DEMONDICE,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn