Gaming Console Video Capture

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats the best way to capture say Super Street Fighter IV on PS3 and upload on youtube? Doesnt need to be 1080p. I think 480p if not 720p would be pefect.I know there are some expensive capture cards but can someone recommend one to buy in UK please under £100.

Thanks

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
VHS recorders (or digiboxes, if they are set up for it) are the easiest way, capture cards (or USB dongles for it) are the cheapest. The more money you put into a capture card/dongle, the better the quality you receive.

As for which one to get, I can't answer that. The only ones I've ever tried are professional grade ones from before the invention of the DVD, and are no longer relevant.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Many people seem to recommend EasyCAP ezcap [apparently the name changed...not sure if this is true or if this particular device is "fake"...] devices (such as : http://www.amazon.co...=citisupport-21 - about £20 including postage). I personally have no experience with them, but they are definitely an option.

Another possibility is a DVD recorder you may already own. If you have a DVD recorder for use with your TV, you may be able to plug the Wii into one of it's inputs and record that input. For example on my DVD recorder, there is a flap on the front behind which is a composite connection (red/white/yellow leads) into which I could plug a console, and then I record "AV3" or something like that. Then I just can just rip the DVD with my computer. I think mine also has an HDMI input as well (or it may just be output...); if you have a DVD recorder, take a look at the available inputs and if you can find one that fits, turn on the TV and change the input on the DVD recorder until you see the input from your console, then record that input.

EDIT: Found some more devices, under the "EasyCAP" name (really not sure if the company actually changed their name to ezcap or not):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyCAP-Video-Audio-Capture-Card/dp/B0011N9QNC - £4.46 (dirt cheap, probably fake and poor quality)
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/13703830/EasyCap-USB-2-0-Video-Audio-Capture-Device/Product.html - £14.99 (one of the reviews says it could be fake, but it still seems to get good reviews)

And another with the "ezcap" name:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ezcap-Capture-847-Transfer-interface/dp/B0030U57ZA/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1322253708&sr=1-9 - £14.99

I think the "ezcap" ones are real and the "EasyCAP" ones are probably fake (there seem to be hundreds of clones, which is why the company changed their name).

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've purchased one of the EasyCAP devices that SifJar has mentioned in his post, I'll let you know if it's worth buying or not in a few days when it arrives.
As for the ezcap thing, I suspect that they are just another of these clone companies operating under a different name to try and gain some individuality. Similar to the the N5 (R4 clone). In my research, I found that the "original" company is far more likely to be ClimaxDigital.

But if you're looking for something better, and aren't a huge cheapskate like myself, my research did come accross the following products (which are all substantially better):Another name that was mentioned frequently was the Dazzle, but closer investigation revealed that it was most likely yet another EasyCAP clone.
Anyway, I'll report back in a few days as to how good/bad the quality actually proves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"