Considering Acekard2.1 Slot-1

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Gamemaster1379, Mar 28, 2009.

Mar 28, 2009
  1. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    While I'm familiar with the Wii & PSP homebrew scenes, I'm absolutely lost when it comes to DS. From what I've gathered, the use of flash cards will allow me Homebrew and the ability to play ROMs. However, with multiple flash cards out there, I'm sure some lack certain abilities or only play on specific systems. In any case, I own the phat DS and my brother has a DS Lite, and I'm considering an Acekard2.1. I'll probably get a 4-GB card with it, which I would assume would meet my needs.

Well, in any case, for your tl;dr folks, will this product work with my DS or brother's DSLite and will it support Homebrew and ROMs?

2. DemonDSi

Newcomer DemonDSi Member

United Kingdom
    my Acekard 2i support my phat and my lite, with no troble. i be starting homebrew on mine soon, but i dont see any proble with it

3. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    Wiki
    read it.

TLDR

4. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Oh how I love your enthusiasm to help out other members in a kind fashion. I'm sure with that kind of attitude you'll continue to grow a strong an prosperous community.

EDIT: Wonderful, the wiki helped me in no way whatsoever. It provided no information on the different types of Acekards, so I have no clue if the one I have will work. The game compatibility list failed to load, and the Homebrew compatibility list showed me nothing about what Acekards support.

Now then, would somebody who isn't a total asshole care to provide me with some useful information?

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    1st off you are new here so i'll let you in on a little secret, smiths is one of 3 people who are keeping the acekards working. if you get an acekard you will be using the akaio firmware. the official has not been updated for months and is missing a large amount of fixes/updates/optimizations found in akaio. this is the reason he said to read the wiki. the wiki states what the firmware does. all flash kits will run roms/homebrew. you should be using google and the search button, reading the gbatemp reviews, and not posting in the acekard forum and expect people to provide an unbias comment about other flash kit companies.

hands down the acekard is the best card i have used. the price is right, the akaio firmware is amazing, and bottom line - the thing works.
    does it have its share of issues? well read the FAQ section of the wiki. all flash kits have issues, the more you read the more you will find out.

-another world

6. Smiths

United States
    forums
    search them

TLDR

7. Agent007

Member Agent007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Smiths is eh ... how can we put this .... important so yeah ...

Anyways, back to the topic, you can't go wrong with Acekard 2.1 or Acekard 2i, best flashcard out there so far ( even better than CycloDS ) and a 4gb micro sd will be fine, Class 4 or 6 won't be much of a difference.

8. Smiths

United States
    i'm nothing

don't hype me up

9. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The thing is Smiths is making your firmware so he's got teh right to this.

Yah, AK2 is excellent for DS flashing, just be sure that you get a 3-in-1 too.

10. WatchGintama

Member WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    the only con about the acekard 2.1 is sometimes the sticker can be off. heck, i heard this one guy had his sticker upside down! [​IMG] and mine is a little to the right.

but it has good rom support and interface is pretty nice [​IMG]