Misc Connections problems with satellite/connectify

Barbanera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I am currently living in Africa and stuck with dial-up+satellite for a decent Internet connection.

Moreover, I only have an USB satellite modem connected to my laptop and sharing Internet connection
through it via Connectify. The sharing does seem to work, albeit very slow, with a 2nd laptop, say.

After many unsuccessful attempts in the past, yesterday I gave it another try and my WII magically got
connection through Connectify with satellite on. I guess the new 2.2.0 version of Connectify finally
manages to somehow handle satellite (i.e. VPN) connection reasonably well now. With older versions
of Connectify I could only get a positive connection test with satellite disconnected and dial-up only.

Sorry if I am getting long.. but my question really is: even though I pass the connection test, even
though when starting the Homebrew channel I get a message asking me if I want to upgrade to the
newer version (I am stuck on 1.0.1..) , which I gather it means my WII really sees the Internet,
when I accept the upgrade to latest Homebrew it stops with "download failed" all the time.

Any clues? Dial-up still the bottleneck or still some VPN issues? Or maybe Connectify/network
configurations?

If it can help, my WII reports to be 192.168.2.102 on Connectify (and in the Homebrew channel)
and I am running Windows 7 Home Premium SP3 32 bit.

Thanks for any help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    or "heatad gamer moment"-proof floors
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    how did you go 3 years with cheeto on your mouse without realizing tho
    Gift
    do you look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    why do your friends look under the buttons of your mouse
    Gift
    they dont it's just that they saw the outside of my mouse and said it was disgusting
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    oh wait I understand my braincells have increased
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    by 1
    Gift
    funnily enough when i was telling my openly femboy furry bf and my friend(we talk about femboys sometimes) they said "nope we don't wanna hear that that's disgusting"
    Gift
    why is cheeto dust of all things
    the subject that crosses the line
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Wait, Switch Online now has Super Mario 64, right?
    Gift
    i really hate to say this but
    Gift
    i dont think it does
    Gift
    Huh, makes sense; they did sell that through the 3D All-Stars collection.
    Gift
    Which, last I heard was removed from the eShop...so they might as well offer it again, I guess...
    Gift
    Will they use the same Shindou-translated ROM, or the original English ROM?
    Gift
    googling it, it seems that mario 64 is on the service
    Gift
    in japan they use the shindou version apparently but in the states and elsewhere they use the original rom
    Gift
    oh boy oh boy oh boy i sure do love living in japan and being a mario fan, i just got the new expansion pack, i cant wait to do some bljs!
    +1
    Gift
    From what I've heard about the Expansion Pack, the emulator used has some noticeable input delay and/or lag...would BLJs even be possible?
    Gift
    Apparently Nintendo adapted the 3D All-Stars emulator, instead of their old Virtual Console emulator - or, if nothing else, copying what fans have done.
    Gift
    from what i can seem to gather there's some issues but nothing dramatic enough to severely impact what you're playing
    Gift
    honestly the whole expansion pack confuses me since i thought the nes/snes games were just a neat little bonus
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    wait julie your bf is a femboy holy shit im jealous
    +1
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    So many planes flying overhead, and they sound close...
    Gift
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
    DJPlace @ DJPlace: do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.