Connections problems with satellite/connectify

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Barbanera, May 9, 2011.

May 9, 2011
  1. Barbanera
    OP

Newcomer Barbanera Member

Italy
    Hello, I am currently living in Africa and stuck with dial-up+satellite for a decent Internet connection.

Moreover, I only have an USB satellite modem connected to my laptop and sharing Internet connection
    through it via Connectify. The sharing does seem to work, albeit very slow, with a 2nd laptop, say.

After many unsuccessful attempts in the past, yesterday I gave it another try and my WII magically got
    connection through Connectify with satellite on. I guess the new 2.2.0 version of Connectify finally
    manages to somehow handle satellite (i.e. VPN) connection reasonably well now. With older versions
    of Connectify I could only get a positive connection test with satellite disconnected and dial-up only.

Sorry if I am getting long.. but my question really is: even though I pass the connection test, even
    though when starting the Homebrew channel I get a message asking me if I want to upgrade to the
    newer version (I am stuck on 1.0.1..) , which I gather it means my WII really sees the Internet,
    when I accept the upgrade to latest Homebrew it stops with "download failed" all the time.

Any clues? Dial-up still the bottleneck or still some VPN issues? Or maybe Connectify/network
    configurations?

If it can help, my WII reports to be 192.168.2.102 on Connectify (and in the Homebrew channel)
    and I am running Windows 7 Home Premium SP3 32 bit.

Thanks for any help!

2. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    most likely server timeout. thats my best guess. due to slow connection./ lost packets.