Connection problems with DSONE V3, bad card or MicroSD?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by lalalalala, Oct 20, 2008.

1. lalalalala
    OP

Newcomer lalalalala Advanced Member

Canada
    I've been having a lot of problems with running games lately. I've purchased on my card around March this year so I am very surprised that I'm now having problems.

First, it doesn't boot up all the time. DS takes me to the default config screen instead of the DSONE interface. I have to retry many times to get it to work. Blowing on the card and microsd doesn't seem to do that much...=.=;

Second, my games now freeze randomly about 15 minutes into the game. It happened twice today which was very annoying.

It's either the card's issue, microsd or the NDS issue. Hopefully not the third. I rather like the real time save function, real time guide and real time cheat functions, so I'm hoping it's just a microsd issue.

Any suggestions are greatly appreaciated.

Thanks

2. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have you tried cleaning the flashcard contacts? You also might try cleaning the contacts inside the ds slot1.

3. lalalalala
    OP

Canada
    How should I do that?

4. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Random freezing and not being detected by the DS are symptoms of a bad connection between the DS and the SC. Try another DS or stick some paper between the sticker and the DS. When I got my SC around the same time as you the DS would not see it. Took me about 50 inserts before it got used to the slot. Do you pull your SC out of the slot often?

5. lalalalala
    OP

Canada
    I do, I pull it out about 10 times a month I should say. Or less. So. Should I get another card? It would be hard to test it on another friend's machine considering that sometimes it is fine and other it is not.