Hacking Connect24 with backups

Tgrokz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd like to play against friends and others online, but im weary to turn connect24 back on. i have the internet enabled, but C24 shut off just incase nintendo wants to start banning consoles or deleting shit on my wii. i wouldnt be using ocarina or anything that would make me stand out as someone with a hacked wii, so i dont know what call to make

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
I don't think Nintendo currently has the capability to do stuff like that. Anyway, note that WiiConnect24 is NOT equal to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, which is the actual service for online gaming. You can play online without enabling WiiConnect24, it's a different service used for exchanging messages via the Message Board. WC24 also allows games/channels to access the Message Board and receive updates while the console is off or playing (newer) games. Still, WC24 can't, or at least doesn't delete anything.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WC24 does, however, make your Wii heat up since the fans don't run while it's in standby mode. It's better to keep the thing off, I say.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I read this thread wrong and thought some one had made a connect 4 game...

.. I was playing GIANT connect 4 last night at a pool hall, was great fun
biggrin.gif
[/back on topic]

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a onnet 4 game for wii its called Iiii i think sheck on wiibrew and i know its a stupid name the guy that made it named it like that on purpose

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
FenrirWolf said:
WC24 does, however, make your Wii heat up since the fans don't run while it's in standby mode. It's better to keep the thing off, I say.

I know. I had two Wiis replaced by Nintendo becuase GPU damage from WC24. But you can nevertheless safely leave WC24 enabled, if you disable "standby connection". WC24 will only be active when your Wii is on and you're playing certain games that do WC24 communactions in the background. That's the preferred way because some games and channels depend on WC24 functionality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1