confused on files

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by zimrsz, Mar 24, 2013.

Mar 24, 2013

confused on files by zimrsz at 7:01 PM (308 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. zimrsz
    OP

Newcomer zimrsz Newbie

United States
    1. I'm confused once i get past the NES, SNES and N64 Roms and how to move them from my computer (legally obtained) zipped file to my wii. The NES, SNES and N64 are all pretty easy where its' just a simple drag and drop one file to the emulator ROMS folder on my SD card and voila!....it's there.

When i get to my Sega Saturn downloads, etc there are many files. I guess my question is, do i just need to make a folder for each game in the ROMS section of each emulator and then put all files per each game in each game folder? Or which do i need to do? I've noticed some have a bunch of mp3s, etc and other things zipped so trying to figure out how to do it... in layman terms please [​IMG]

2. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    Yes, dragging and dropping is the method you use to transfer the files, just make sure you put them in their respective rom folders ex: sd:/SNES9XGX/roms. Make sure it's not one zip file with all the roms inside, I believe the emulators can read single roms which are zipped but I would still recommend unzipping them and just using the .SMC, .NES and .N64 formats (If the n64 games are in z64 or v64 format you can just change the extension to .n64)

You shouldn't waste your time on Sega Saturn games, the emulators are not even close to being playable yet and they may never be due to the power needed to emulate the Saturn's complex architecture.

3. zimrsz
    OP

Newcomer zimrsz Newbie

United States

What about NEO Geo, MAME, etc.... those all seem to have multiple files too?

4. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    not sure about NEO Geo as I've never tried it but MAME roms need to be kept zipped and place the zip files inside the roms folder for MAME.