confused - micro sd cards shdc/tf

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by 1ronlung, Dec 30, 2011.

Dec 30, 2011
  1. 1ronlung
    OP

Member 1ronlung GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi. I'm looking on ebay to get myself a cheapo 32 gig sd card for the acekard 2i i've got coming. Some cards are listed as sdhc , some as tf and others as both. Is one to assume if a card's listed as tf then is automatically sdhc or does the sdhc definately need to be stipulated as well ? My head hurts . . .

2. Monty Kensicle

Member Monty Kensicle Yay!

United States
    TF or Transflash is just another name for MicroSD and if it's over 4 GB in size it's automatically a SDHC card. Unless you stumble upon the rare 4 GB ones which aren't, but you never see those anymore.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Don't get cheap cards off ebay, you're likly to be really bad quality parts that'll cause issues, we see it all the time.

Don't skimp on your memory.

4. Themanhunt

Member Themanhunt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I bought an OEM/Unbranded microSDHC card off ebay. It is 8GB and cost about £6.

It is the fastest SD card I have ever used, read speeds at 20 or above mbps read and 16-18 write.

Never had a problem with it.

Go for cheap if the seller can provide extra details like the chip that is used, location of production (Japan is good) and what brand the factory stamps on it's SD cards.

If you find a cheap SD card, ask for these details! I did, and he gave me benchmarks, told me that they were to be branded as Samsung microSDHC cards and have Intel chips inside them - all of which is good news!

1 person likes this.
  5. 1ronlung
    OP

Member 1ronlung GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thank you to all that contributed to this topic. I now have a much clearer idea where i need to be going