Gaming Confused about SD card in cia's.

cplus44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was watching a video of a guy installing cia 3ds games into a 3DS and he pulled the SD card from the inside of the system were you take out the screws which confused me because I didn't know that the 3DS had an SD card there I'm using the old 3DS which I bought years ago when it first came out. I put custom firmware on it luma3ds and FBI so my question is do I need to do that to install CIA games or do I just use the SD card on the side of the system? Cuz I just dropped $20 on an SD card from eBay a few hours ago and I would be pretty pissed if I need to get a micro SD card instead. Is it because he's using a new 3DS that has the MicroSD inside the system or do all 3DS have Micro SD inside the system and that's how you install cia's or do I just use the one on the side of the system and it doesn't matter?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The New 3DS has a microSD slot under the back plate, rather than the full-size SD slot on the side of the older models. Otherwise, the process is more or less the same if CFW is already installed.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was watching a video of a guy installing cia 3ds games into a 3DS and he pulled the SD card from the inside of the system were you take out the screws which confused me because I didn't know that the 3DS had an SD card there I'm using the old 3DS which I bought years ago when it first came out. I put custom firmware on it luma3ds and FBI so my question is do I need to do that to install CIA games or do I just use the SD card on the side of the system? Cuz I just dropped $20 on an SD card from eBay a few hours ago and I would be pretty pissed if I need to get a micro SD card instead. Is it because he's using a new 3DS that has the MicroSD inside the system or do all 3DS have Micro SD inside the system and that's how you install cia's or do I just use the one on the side of the system and it doesn't matter?
Hope u don't get fucked "buying memory from eBay" 99% the time It's fake/bootleg memory being 8GB with a higher size printed on the card

Reactions: Akihabara

Enkuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I put custom firmware on it luma3ds and FBI so my question is do I need to do that to install CIA games or do I just use the SD card on the side of the system?
Yes.

Edit: Blame Nintendo for putting the micro SD behind two screws on their new models. I understand where you come from.

Last edited by Enkuler,

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I don't recommend watching videos, for help you should probably look up more assuring guides. Videos normally don't work, this can apply to any area regarding CFW/Homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg